Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Looper fixed block

bcowie

Any chance Line6 will ever move the looper to it’s own fixed block on the PodGo?

Here’s my problem (if I understand correctly). I set up a patch with 4 effects - like a compressor, overdrive, delay, and reverb. Pretty reasonable patch. But now I want to use the looper to practice, or perform. Can’t be done unless I change my patch. It’s not like my patch is unreasonably complex … it’s a pretty basic patch. But I can’t use it with the looper because I have to give up a block. 

It seems strange that you might have to change your patches just so you can use the looper. Too bad it’s not an independent fixed block.

I have an HD500, and I’m seriously considering the PodGo, but this is a significant issue to me. 

• Like 1

Having the looper not be a fixed block was actually the top request on the Line 6 IdeaScale site for a long time, if I remember correctly.

But, no, I don’t think that will happen. For one thing, the looper block itself uses some amount of DSP - not a ton - but enough to break some presets of it were added to every preset across the board.

And its unclear how many users actually use the looper in Pod Go anyway.  I know I don't because the looper itself is too limited, too awkward to use, and it uses up one of the 4 blocks that are already limiting enough. So I certainly wouldn't want it as a fixed block using up DSP.  

Yeah you might as well just buy a looper pedal and put it in the chain, especially when you can get a looper like the Ammoon one for $45.  One block out of the Go is kinda 1/4th of the Go's effect capabilities, so in some sense you can value it at ~$100.  Also yeah as vox mentioned, it's just more practical to use overall; you always have it, don't need to change patches, etc.  IMHO, for the price, no-brainer. 

For the looper L6 Go looper to be effective, imho, it would require it's dedicated buttons; which would not interfere with the regular Go usage; if you have to sacrifice activating/deactiving effects, exiting snapshots, etc., just too much clicking and not viable in real use...  So 100% spend $45 if you want to use a looper; the built-in exists, but just doesn't compare to a real looper, later on you can upgrade if you want to, but honestly, great little pedal which really fills your basic looper needs.  :)

• Like 1

That makes sense if it comes down to dsp allocation. I still have an hd500 and I use the looper all the time for quick phrase practice or to tweak a sound. But the way the Go is set up it’s pretty much useless even for that. Too bad. I do have a Digitech looper for more serious looping, but I appreciate the convenience of the hd500 looper for spur of the moment quick looping. 

Anybody know if the stomp xl looper has these same limitations?

Makes my upgrading decision a little tougher though. I’d love to upgrade for sound quality but am unsure about the Go’s usability vs the hd500. I fear I’ll be disappointed (but a helix is too much $$). Anybody make that switch … and how did it go?

thanks.

• 2 months later...