Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Confusion recording DI track to external interface via USB 7 in Logic Pro X

wmmaudio

Forgive my noobness here.

I have searched high and low on YouTube and have read the manual (pg. 56) for the Helix LT. So I am reaching out for help for the very first time on here.

All I want to do is track my usual XLR out signal into my DAW via inputs 1/2, while also having a dry signal recorded as well. The issue I am having is, when I select input 7, no signal is coming through. My current set up is a UAD Apollo Twin with an 8 pre Scarlett coming in via ADAT. I have my in and out in Logic set to my UAD Apollo. I can not for the life of my figure out how to set the input on a track to receive the USB 7 signal. 

My output of the helix is set to Multi, and my ramp source is set to USB 7. 

Thank you!

The USB outs only work when the Helix is the AI.

Take a split at the beginning of the signal chain and send it to a separate channel on the Scarlett.

OR, if using a wireless with dual outs, take one to a separate channel. Defeats the Auto Impedance feature, as your PUPs will be loaded at 1M.

OR get an A/B box to split your signal before Helix. Also defeats the Auto Impedance feature, as most A/B boxes are 1M.

OR,  either wireless or A/B and don't use FX that require Input Impedance <1M.

You can't have everything, but you COULD use Helix as your AI.

• Upvote 1