Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

REPAIRS FOR VARIAX 700 Acoustic / OLDER VARIAX MODELS

I have had a lovely time with my Variax 700 Acoustic.I managed to get all the sounds done, used workbench to program and save many altered tuning types..

Recently the  RPS-AB Box failed and does not work gets 10V AC into it OK but does not send out any voltage via the TSR cable to VARIAX.

OK I can use batteries or get a Line 6 POD XL Live and use Variax cable for power.

Disaster !!!!

The Variax 700 Acoustic has packed up at guitar end.

Selector knob is now frozen with the Red alternate tuning selected, totally not working no green light, or flashing yellow red light.

Totally not working correctly.

So I go and try the VARIAX RJ45 coms cable to older Line 6 USB to see if I can get Workbench to alter anything.

No ! Workbench does not recognize device and the USB device show RED no communications on Variax input.

OK these are old instruments, but surely Line 6 must have stored away lots of spare parts.

I contacted Line6 support and they basically said they cannot or will not cannot help. No circuit diagrams available nothing. Thanks for nothing Line6.

Can anybody supply circuit boards, or carry our repairs.

Line 6 has over the years shown little interest in customer support, I was hoping being under Yamaha now we would see some help for what bhey call Legacy products.

I tried Workbench with my old VARIAX 300 and it works fine.

Help me please.

line6variax1-1fovHr5UnPwR6iHtcpilK71RfV0eiebF.jpg

XPS-AB box.jpg