Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Floor: How to create Presets on the lower row and Stompbox mode on the top row

zachcutler

I've been searching for an answer to this question, and have failed to find anything that directly addresses it....

I've owned an HD500x for a decade now, and just upgraded to a Helix. I've always used it so that the bottom row has my main presets (one bank would be A: Fender Clean, B: Mesa Crunchy C: Marshall High Gain D: Jazz Clean, for example), and the top row of each preset would give me access to 4 different stomps for each sound (A would have a phaser or reverb, but C might have Uni-vibe or delays).

I'd like to have my Helix set up the same way, and I can't seem to figure it out! Also, I preferred in the past to do all of my editing using HX Edit on the computer rather than on the actual unit. Tips to approach it that way would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help, guys!!!!

Z

Thanks @rd2rk and @silverhead! I had gotten that far, but now I can see the Presets on the bottom row, but nothing on the top and I can't figure out how to add the individual stomps to the top row of switches (either on HX Edit or on the unit directly). Any tips?

Thanks for bearing with me and your patience!

Z

11 minutes ago, zachcutler said:

Thanks @rd2rk and @silverhead! I had gotten that far, but now I can see the Presets on the bottom row, but nothing on the top and I can't figure out how to add the individual stomps to the top row of switches (either on HX Edit or on the unit directly). Any tips?

Thanks for bearing with me and your patience!

Z

You have to assign a FS as a Bypass for an effect before it will appear. The FS needs to be on the Row that you're viewing - if you want to see Stomps on the Top Row, assign a Top Row (FS1-FS5). To see FS1 (Top Row Stomps) or FS7 (bottom Row Stomps) you need to be in 10 Switch Stomp Mode.