Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Adding a microphone input

ichasedx

I would like to know the easiest way to use the helix as a vocal processor and at the same time, using it with my guitar. I played around with making a new preset specifically for the mic, changed the global commands as necessary, everything sounds great. But...how do I incorporate that with my guitar?  Is it necessary to add the mic input to each of my presets? If so, all my presets require both input lines, how do I fit the mic in the preset?

Thanks as always for your help.

Mike

Unfortunately there's no global setting to have both Mic and Guitar inputs specified for all presets. You have to do it for every preset. However, you can make a template preset with the inputs configured and then copy that preset as a starting point for all vocasl + guitar presets you want to make.

Here's a candidate for your template preset. It's designed for an acoustic guitar+ vocals but easily modified.

https://line6.com/customtone/tone/2044875/

small mixer or interface, run mic into one input and guitar into another. Pan them hard left and right, then run the left and right outputs into the helix as need.   I do that to use a mic with my LT (since it doesn't have a built in mic pre)