Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshot problem...

dutdog

Hi there - this is driving me nuts!!!

Running Helix 3.01.0 on my LT

If I save one of my existing presets that includes snapshots and if I then copy to another location (to have 2 presets the same) - no snapshots on my new preset in the LT!

If I download a preset from Custom Tone which has snapshots in it, no snapshots on my new preset on my LT

If I export one of my presets which has snapshots and reload to another location - no snapshots on my new preset on my LT!

What on earth am I missing here??

Thanks in advance

Typically, these sort of issues are caused by using an older version of HX Edit with a newer firmware version. So that would be the first thing I’d check. Also, you should probably update to the latest firmware version (3.11), while you’re at it.

33 minutes ago, dutdog said:

Hi there - thanks for taking the time to respond

Edit is showing as being on 3.11

Well, you should install the latest firmware on your LT, and after the installation is complete, do a factory reset and then do a restore from backup.

One thing I’m a little unclear on, though, is what you mean by “no snapshots”. Every preset always has 8 snapshots, regardless if you’re using them or not. Are you just not seeing the names?

Hiya - sorry for not being clearer.  The snapshot windows are there, 1 to 8, but no info in them, ie it's the same sound on all 8 snapshots.

So, if I had a preset with, say SS1 = rhythm, SS2 = cleaner (less gain on the amp), SS3 = solo (more gain on the amp, wetter delay mic, increased reverb level).  I save that and/or export the preset.  Then copy it or load it from the exported file - when I load/copy to a fresh location, no snapshot specific info is held.  Just whatever is on SS1, replicated for the other 7 snapshots

Cheers

4 hours ago, dutdog said:

Hiya - sorry for not being clearer.  The snapshot windows are there, 1 to 8, but no info in them, ie it's the same sound on all 8 snapshots.

So, if I had a preset with, say SS1 = rhythm, SS2 = cleaner (less gain on the amp), SS3 = solo (more gain on the amp, wetter delay mic, increased reverb level).  I save that and/or export the preset.  Then copy it or load it from the exported file - when I load/copy to a fresh location, no snapshot specific info is held.  Just whatever is on SS1, replicated for the other 7 snapshots

Cheers

Seems like snapshots are working on some presets so this is probably not the problem but just to check the basics... Are you sure the parameters that you are changing from snapshot to snapshot, e.g. the Drive on an amp, are assigned to snapshots? If they are properly assigned they should be showing up with square brackets "[ ]" around the parameter's value. 

Hate to offer up the usual procedure but if all else fails I would try a backup, global reset, and if that does not fix things then download HX Edit again and use the Line6 Updater to reflash the firmware, again followed by a backup and global reset (Update: just noticed phil_m suggested this as well).

It is a best practice after importing presets or even copying them to restart the LT and let the new presets go through the rebuild process before editing them.

Also, check in HX Edit under 'Help' --> 'About HX Edit', and make sure that both your firmware and HX Edit version are matched.

15 hours ago, DunedinDragon said:

Are you sure you have your Snapshots/Stomp button selected correctly?

Yep - all set up correctly

13 hours ago, HonestOpinion said:

Seems like snapshots are working on some presets so this is probably not the problem but just to check the basics... Are you sure the parameters that you are changing from snapshot to snapshot, e.g. the Drive on an amp, are assigned to snapshots? If they are properly assigned they should be showing up with square brackets "[ ]" around the parameter's value. 

Hate to offer up the usual procedure but if all else fails I would try a backup, global reset, and if that does not fix things then download HX Edit again and use the Line6 Updater to reflash the firmware, again followed by a backup and global reset (Update: just noticed phil_m suggested this as well).

It is a best practice after importing presets or even copying them to restart the LT and let the new presets go through the rebuild process before editing them.

Also, check in HX Edit under 'Help' --> 'About HX Edit', and make sure that both your firmware and HX Edit version are matched.

On the copied preset, the affected parameters are highlighted in white with square brackets, but they are not changing when moving from snaptshot 1 to 2 to 3, etc.

Update: I can copy and paste direct from the unit and the snapshot info is there - phew!!  Just won't do it via Edit

Dave

Hi dutdog

Just to be sure you and phil_m are on the same spot... if you open About HX Edit under Help menu in Edit and have your LT turned on you should see this below. Both has to be on the version, 3.11. A miss match can cause problems. If your LT are on version 3.01.0 you need to upgrade including doing a backup (or reinstall Edit HX 3.0x). And as phil_m said after update make a factory reset and restore your backup. I usually also make a restart of my LT to be sure...   

If I missunderstod your reply earlier please ignore my post...

//Per

image.png.ab9825647d339c88cd8530b2573bb047.png

• Upvote 1