Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

6 button looper / reassign switch

ichasedx

Due to mobility issues, I keep my helix on a stand next to my right hand. I have become really efficient at "smacking" the switches quickly with my picking hand,. With the exception of two conditions, having the helix off the floor works great for me.  First the wah... I have an expression pedal connected via exp3, second is using the record button for the 6 button looper...I'm just not fast enough without causing a second or two of dead air! 

My question;

Is it possible to reassign the record button to a on/off remote foot switch? If so, how?

Thanks as always,
Mike

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

I think you'll need a MIDI FS to do this. Not cheap. Morningstar MC3 is <>$189. Upside is it'll do most anything else you need.

I haven't had to touch a single footswitch on my Helix ever since I started using my Morningstar MC 8.  Since it has two pages of footswitch assignments that gives me a total of 16 footswitches at my disposal for every preset.  Pricey?  Yeah, I suppose at $309, but worth every penny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DunedinDragon said:

I haven't had to touch a single footswitch on my Helix ever since I started using my Morningstar MC 8.  Since it has two pages of footswitch assignments that gives me a total of 16 footswitches at my disposal for every preset.  Pricey?  Yeah, I suppose at $309, but worth every penny.

I might have to get one of these to replace my trusty but MASSIVE FCB1010/UNO2.

With 2 exp pedals it'd still be half the size. More than twice the price with pedalboard, but prettier too! :-)

2 hours ago, DunedinDragon said:

Does that do channel switching?

I'm not familiar with the MC8, I'm definitely going to look into it. So if I understand you correct...with the MC8, I can use the helix floor in a similar fashion as the helix rack, using just the MC8 and exp pedal as my pedalboard and the helix itself can be located remotely with my wireless, etc. behind my PC+ cabinet?  And I can also connect my exp pedal, (wah),  to the MC8, so a midi cable is all that runs from my location to the helix off stage? Do you have the MC8 programmed similar to the helix controls, with presets up/down, snapshots and stomp box modes? 

9 hours ago, ichasedx said:

I'm not familiar with the MC8, I'm definitely going to look into it. So if I understand you correct...with the MC8, I can use the helix floor in a similar fashion as the helix rack, using just the MC8 and exp pedal as my pedalboard and the helix itself can be located remotely with my wireless, etc. behind my PC+ cabinet?  And I can also connect my exp pedal, (wah),  to the MC8, so a midi cable is all that runs from my location to the helix off stage? Do you have the MC8 programmed similar to the helix controls, with presets up/down, snapshots and stomp box modes? 

I have my Helix Floor mounted on my pedalboard with the MC8 but I'm controlling multiple things and I want the visual feedback from the device, but it certainly could be located elsewhere.  I'm not sure about the pedal as I rarely use mine on the Helix.  I have my preset up/down mapped to my MC8 bank up/down action and all other controls are simply mapped to the buttons that activate a given snapshot or stomp for that preset in the MC8 bank that matches it.  So selecting bank up gives me a different bank with matching stomp/snap buttons in the MC8.

10 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Does that do channel switching?

I'm not sure what you're referring to on this.  If you're talking about changing a channel on a real amp, I think it has a feature for that, but I don't use real amps so I can't really say with any confidence.  I know their manual is available online from their web site.