Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Issue with XD-V70 Lapel Mic

HI, we have had our Line 6 XD-V70 for a long time without any issues.  This last Sunday the receiver went bonkers and it stopped working.  The first thing that happened was the mute light was on, on the receiver and no matter what we did with the mic, the light remained on,  even when the mic was not muted.  I also noted that the screen on the receiver was blank when the mic was on but the minute we turned the mic off, the normal information returned.  I unplugged the receiver and then restarted it. It went back to normal for a couple of seconds and then the mute light came back on and the screen went blank because the mic was on.  Then the backlighting on the screen kept going on and off causing a clicking sound in the sound system.  

We normally keep the receiver on all the time with the mic off until we are ready to use it.  Any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks,

Ross 

It doesn't sound like a common fault. Mains power supplies are often the most failure-prone part of equipment so I'd be inclined to start by looking there. Do you have access to another PSU that you could try with the receiver? It's 9v at 500mA. If your current one is struggling, it might explain parts of the receiver shutting down.

Fair enough. I figured if the PSU was borderline, the slight increase in loading when it was doing more work upon receiving a valid signal might tip it over the edge which would then cause unexpected behaviour with the receiver.

As with all troubleshooting, divide and conquer is the way to go - substitute each component that you can and see if the problem stays or goes away. It's either a fault in the receiver itself or in the PSU. If you can rule out one of those, you'll be a step nearer to identifying the fault.