Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stomp Footswitch Multiple Assigns

gitapik

Hi. I'm watching one of Ritch Castellanos' videos. He's assigning multiple devices to one footswitch.

I downloaded his 3 basic presets and am finding that I can't toggle between the different amps/effects by touching the switch. Finding the same when I go to factory presets, as well.

I'm wondering if there's something I'm supposed to do in settings, as I'm seeing in the video that his switch changes color when he touches the footswitch. Mine stays the color of one amp. And the color of both the amps is the same on my screen: red. On his, one is red and one orange...and the light on the footswitch displays this, in turn.

New timer on the device. It's very cool and I want to get the most out of it. Thanks.

As far as I know it doesn't work that way.  Whenever I assign multiple blocks to one foot-switch they all toggle on and off together.  I could be wrong but I think the most you might be able to do would be to use the "bypass" button to enable or disable one or more of those blocks (turn them on or off).  That way, whichever blocks were off will toggle on and whichever blocks were on will toggle off.  I did that on a couple of my presets when I first got going with Helix.  I could have either this tone or than tone.  Once I started using snapshots all that disappeared.

• Upvote 1

Global Settings>Footswitches>Stomp Select = Touch or Both

You must be in STOMP MODE and EDIT.

The FS will not TOGGLE by touch. TOUCH works as below.

Setting Stomp Select to TOUCH or BOTH will SELECT (for editing) on TOUCH and TOGGLE on PRESS.

Setting Stomp Select to PRESS TOGGLES on PRESS and on TOUCH selects whether the LED will be Dim or Lit when the device is in it's current state.

OFF disables the TOUCH function. I thought that's what OFF meant. Apparently, it still sets the LED Status by touch, so I'm not sure what OFF means!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MGW-Alberta said:

As far as I know it doesn't work that way.  Whenever I assign multiple blocks to one foot-switch they all toggle on and off together.  I could be wrong but I think the most you might be able to do would be to use the "bypass" button to enable or disable one or more of those blocks (turn them on or off).  That way, whichever blocks were off will toggle on and whichever blocks were on will toggle off.  I did that on a couple of my presets when I first got going with Helix.  I could have either this tone or than tone.  Once I started using snapshots all that disappeared.

Thanks. Here's the video I'm referring to. At 7:30 he assigns both an Essex and Placater to the same switch, toggling between the two. Later he adds a comp that only engages with the clean tone. Each time he touches the switch, the color of the corresponding block lights up on it:

I'll be checking out Snapshots very soon. Building a solid foundation at this point. Thanks, again!

2 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Global Settings>Footswitches>Stomp Select = Touch or Both

You must be in STOMP MODE and EDIT.

The FS will not TOGGLE by touch. TOUCH works as below.

Setting Stomp Select to TOUCH or BOTH will SELECT (for editing) on TOUCH and TOGGLE on PRESS.

Setting Stomp Select to PRESS TOGGLES on PRESS and on TOUCH selects whether the LED will be Dim or Lit when the device is in it's current state.

OFF disables the TOUCH function. I thought that's what OFF meant. Apparently, it still sets the LED Status by touch, so I'm not sure what OFF means!

Thanks! Will give it a go as soon as I'm home.

Cool. Problem solved.

I didn't realize that Ritch was pressing (not toggling) when he was going from Essex and Comp to Placater. 

Thanks to both of you. Good to know what's up. 

I love this pedal. So cool!

• Like 1