Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mandarin Rocker gone missing

OmegaGhost

Hi everyone. Can anyone please help or shed some light on what might have happened?...so the chain of events was..... I was working on a preset that contained the Mandarin Rocker as a separate amp with a separate cab block using HX Edit with my Helix LT...... all was fine, I finished, saved it and moved on. Whilst setting up the next preset from scratch I saw the Mandarin Rocker was missing from the Amp List not only as an amp but also as an amp and cab block also... I went back to check the previous preset and there was nothing where the amp block had previously been and the same for any preset where I had used the Mandarin Rocker. I tried reloading a previous backup but it was still not there! Any suggestions or ideas as to what happened? I have checked for updates and it says I am fully up to date. 

Thanks fellow Helix users.

4 hours ago, OmegaGhost said:

Hi everyone. Can anyone please help or shed some light on what might have happened?...so the chain of events was..... I was working on a preset that contained the Mandarin Rocker as a separate amp with a separate cab block using HX Edit with my Helix LT...... all was fine, I finished, saved it and moved on. Whilst setting up the next preset from scratch I saw the Mandarin Rocker was missing from the Amp List not only as an amp but also as an amp and cab block also... I went back to check the previous preset and there was nothing where the amp block had previously been and the same for any preset where I had used the Mandarin Rocker. I tried reloading a previous backup but it was still not there! Any suggestions or ideas as to what happened? I have checked for updates and it says I am fully up to date. 

Thanks fellow Helix users.

My first notion would be that you have the wrong version of HX Edit loaded. Were you working on HX Edit or the LT when this happened? Check 'Help' --> ' About HX Edit' in HX Edit and make sure your HX Edit version matches your firmware(3.11 hopefully).  Load up the correct version of HX Edit if they are not properly matched. Don't forget to do a backup, global reset, and restore afterwards. If you do have the correct matched versions of the editor and the firmware you could also try a backup, global reset, and restore.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 8:23 PM, HonestOpinion said:

My first notion would be that you have the wrong version of HX Edit loaded. Were you working on HX Edit or the LT when this happened? Check 'Help' --> ' About HX Edit' in HX Edit and make sure your HX Edit version matches your firmware(3.11 hopefully).  Load up the correct version of HX Edit if they are not properly matched. Don't forget to do a backup, global reset, and restore afterwards. If you do have the correct matched versions of the editor and the firmware you could also try a backup, global reset, and restore.

Thanks for replying...sorry I haven't replied earlier, work has been crazy and not had a chance to do anything about it.....I will definitely look at that now. 

To answer your question I was in HX Edit. I think it is the current one as I have been using it fine and the amp was there before...even minutes before.... but I will double check now. Also it doesn't appear on the main unit either when I look. I also checked for updates and it said I was all up to date. When I got the unit it was a few updates behind so I worked through them in order and did them making sure to put older versions of things like HX Edit in a separate folder so as not to accidentally use an old version...but I see why you are suggesting it might be an old version before the Rockerverb was added. 

51 minutes ago, OmegaGhost said:

Thanks for replying...sorry I haven't replied earlier, work has been crazy and not had a chance to do anything about it.....I will definitely look at that now. 

To answer your question I was in HX Edit. I think it is the current one as I have been using it fine and the amp was there before...even minutes before.... but I will double check now. Also it doesn't appear on the main unit either when I look. I also checked for updates and it said I was all up to date. When I got the unit it was a few updates behind so I worked through them in order and did them making sure to put older versions of things like HX Edit in a separate folder so as not to accidentally use an old version...but I see why you are suggesting it might be an old version before the Rockerverb was added. 

There's no reason to hold on to older versions of HX Edit other than if you're wanting to create a problem like this.  The sequence for any upgrade is to first download and install the new version of HX Edit and when you run it, it will guide you through the process of backing up your system and installing the upgrade on your Helix unit.  If you inject yourself into that situation it's almost a guarantee you're going to do something wrong.

On 7/21/2021 at 8:23 PM, HonestOpinion said:

1 hour ago, DunedinDragon said:

There's no reason to hold on to older versions of HX Edit other than if you're wanting to create a problem like this.  The sequence for any upgrade is to first download and install the new version of HX Edit and when you run it, it will guide you through the process of backing up your system and installing the upgrade on your Helix unit.  If you inject yourself into that situation it's almost a guarantee you're going to do something wrong.

Thank you both for your input....problem sorted.

I did a global reset and restore from backup and the Rockerverb reappeared on the unit but still not in hx edit. So I went and checked on the downloads page and I had hx edit 3.10 so now I have 3.11 and the Rockerverb is back in the HX Edit list too! I knew the forum wouldn't let me down! Much appreciated really! 

• Upvote 1