Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using EXP Pedal to blend Distortion

Tfm0722

Hey all! Is there a way to use the expression pedal to blend a dry signal into one of the distortions on a block?  There’s a “Mix Level” on a lot of other effects (reverb, comp, delay, etc) but not on any of the distortions.  I would love to have a dry signal in the exp pedal up position, and get progressively crunchier as I push down but I can’t figure it out. Thx for any help!

You could assign the drive parameter to the expression pedal so that in the toe possition it is full drive and at heel possition it is a low drive. Another way to do this is add a split before the drive block and join it after. Then assign the volume(s) of the two branches of the merge point to the expression pedal. Have the branch with the drive be normal and the volume of the dry branch be reversed so that as you push the toe down its volume goes lower and the drive branch goes higher.

Whoa this is kinda the idea I was looking for! The branch idea might just work. The issue I ran into with simply assigning “drive” to the EXP pedal was that as soon as I clicked the distortion block on using the foot switch, the tone was immediately colored by the distortion block’s EQ settings. I was hoping for a truly pure, unaffected dry signal at heel position being blended into the distortion block as pedal is pushed. The branch idea you mentioned seems logical to me.  I’ll let ya know how it works!

• Like 1