Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native Loading a blank screen

pipelineaudio1

I installed Helix Native on my home computer and am getting a blank screen. I searched the forums and they said to make sure you have line 6 license manager installed and activated and then check to see on line 6's site that your computer is authorized but I'm still having the problem, any hints?

16 hours ago, pipelineaudio1 said:

I'm still having the problem, any hints?

Hi,

You haven’t given us much to go on here. When seeking assistance from other users on the forum it’s a great help, to anyone willing to trouble shooting the issue, to have as much information as possible to work with.

I noticed that you’ve posted on a thread in the main Helix forum regarding a similar issue (the dreaded SD Card thing) that was happening way back in v2.81 HX Edit and Native. Simply posting “Still same thing happening on 3.1”, really won’t get you very far. Help others to be able to help you.

Hope this makes sense.

4 hours ago, pipelineaudio1 said:

I'm not sure what else to say.

Hi again Clyde,

Well, it seems that now we have got as far as you saying that the problem is with Reaper and Native working on Windows 10. Although, I note that the screen grab shows 2 other Desktop device running Windows 8. I still cannot understand if you are having this issue only with the Win 10 machine or the others also.

Have you previously been able to run HX Native and Reaper on the Win8 machines? I ask this because in another post on here a guy was complaining that Line 6 had let him down because Native failed to load and run in Reaper on his Win10 PC. He checked and actually it worked perfectly on his MacBook Pro. It seems that the fault lies somewhere in the configuration of his PC.

It would help to know exactly how and when this started and if it worked previously - what changed?

Hope this helps/ makes sense.

• Upvote 1

All of the computers are windows 10. Helix native runs fine on the two that for some reason line6 is identifying as windows 8. 

the computer being identified as windows 10 is the one having the problem that the screenshot shows. The yidentical problem to the other threads on this forum where it often turned out to be a bug helix native has with some ssd systems that aren’t listed as drive 0. In my case all three computers show the drive helix native is installed in in drive 0. 

this is confirmed in reaper, protocols, Cubase and nuendo. Same issue. 

12 hours ago, pipelineaudio1 said:

All of the computers are windows 10. Helix native runs fine on the two that for some reason line6 is identifying as windows 8. 

the computer being identified as windows 10 is the one having the problem that the screenshot shows. The yidentical problem to the other threads on this forum where it often turned out to be a bug helix native has with some ssd systems that aren’t listed as drive 0. In my case all three computers show the drive helix native is installed in in drive 0. 

this is confirmed in reaper, protocols, Cubase and nuendo. Same issue. 

12 hours ago, pipelineaudio1 said:

This particular computer was able to run helix native v1 but it doesn’t have the same phone home feature as v3. I installed v1 by mistake. 

it has never successfully run v3

Hi Clyde,

Well, to me it looks fairly obvious that the issue is with that particular computer, as Native works as expected on the other two. 

As for your comment that what is happening is “identical” to the issue mentioned in another thread - I don’t think that’s quite the case. That thread started way back in August 2019 regarding HX Edit 2.81. If this actually was a “bug” in the currently version, then these forums would be alive with complaints that Native fails to work, but there are only a handful of such complaints therefore…

Re: Helix Native “phone home” - Found this from 2017
"Helix Native requires an internet connection to initially authorize the license both for the demo and full versions. Once the license has been authorized, you no longer need an internet connection to use the software. But, because of how the authorization works, you do need an NIC (Network Interface Controller) enabled. Do not disable your network card (wireless or LAN) when running Helix Native. If you want run without an internet connection, just unplug your LAN cable or disconnect from your WiFi network."

Also, see pages 5 & 66 Helix Native PilotGuide v3.00 - Rev N - English for the full documentation of how to Authorise/Deauthorise your computer.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

EDIT:

I decided to check the Reaper forums about issues with Native and found this, also from way back in 2019.

Found the problem. The uninstall left behind a .vst3 file from an older version, this was crashing Reaper when it tried to activate it.
Uninstalled again, cleaned out all Helix files from VSTPlugins, reinstalled, and I'm up and running again”

Edited by datacommando
Added Edit

2 hours ago, datacommando said:

I really appreciate the deep dive you are looking for in my case very much!

2 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi Clyde,

Well, to me it looks fairly obvious that the issue is with that particular computer, as Native works as expected on the other two. 

I don't think that was ever in contention

As for your comment that what is happening is “identical” to the issue mentioned in another thread - I don’t think that’s quite the case. That thread started way back in August 2019 regarding HX Edit 2.81. If this actually was a “bug” in the currently version, then these forums would be alive with complaints that Native fails to work, but there are only a handful of such complaints therefore…

Because the behavior of this issue is so close to these others, I'm not so sure. It is in fact identical to the problem described previously. It could have a different cause, but it is exactly as they described in other threads here and on reddit.

Also, see pages 5 & 66 Helix Native PilotGuide v3.00 - Rev N - English for the full documentation of how to Authorise/Deauthorise your computer.

I've done this a few times, as well as cleared out anything Line6 including from the registry as much as I could find anything. Programdata, appdata, etc as well.

EDIT:

I decided to check the Reaper forums about issues with Native and found this, also from way back in 2019.

Found the problem. The uninstall left behind a .vst3 file from an older version, this was crashing Reaper when it tried to activate it.
Uninstalled again, cleaned out all Helix files from VSTPlugins, reinstalled, and I'm up and running again”

Mine isn't crashing, its giving the same screen as shown here and in the earlier threads by others with the same sort of problem.

Also all the vst3 files were deleted from common files and I hadn't installed vst2 only vst3 and aax (aax was manually confirmed deleted after the uninstall as well)

Regarding the earlier complaints, for the most part, there didn't seem to be a resolution. Some people were able to get it running by doing some rather insane things to their SSD drives, but I don't see where it was truly ever resolved. Was it a bugfix in a later version that allowed them to run normally or did they end up giving up and getting refunds? I'm not sure what the end was.

Cannot resist taking a whack at the proverbial dead horse. Just thought it might be useful to mention I have the latest version running on 2 Big Sur iMacs, but on a Win 10 Laptop and another Win 10 Desktop, I'm getting this "You're logged in and authorized, but you ain't fitna launch this plug-in to test or record in Cakewalk. So just hang that idea up. Besides, why you lowering your standards and lolly-gaggin' with inferior PCs anyway? We thought you were all about the Mac?"

Haha! I'm teasin'!

But getting back to real talk...the issue OP is highlighting regarding the Line 6 devices page misidentifying the OS? I had that same issue on the Desktop Win 10 machine. It was showing as Win 8? I deauthorized and reauthorized and now it's showing Win 10 correctly, but both Win 10 machines still jammed up at the same screen shown in the screen shot provided by OP. Oh, btw, both PCs have SSDs. —FYI

Line 6 was the first of any company to implement poly pitch in a multi-effects unit...so broken PCs or spit right in my face, I don't care one bit...slap me, knock a tooth out, I don't care. Line 6 is my daddy! You'll get this figured out soon enough. Meanwhile, I only have ears for you! You're doing great so don't let anybody make you feel unappreciated...they love you just like I do! Them expectations get way on up there pretty quick, huh? 3 syllables...Po-ly-Pitch!!!  Line 6 is daddy and we know this!   Haha, y'all take care and enjoy...

• 7 months later...

This topic is older, but just posting this in case it helpful to someone.

I had this same issue and was able to solve it by going into my Line6 account and deauthorizing one of my computers. After doing that it worked fine.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...