Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

AMP settings AC/DC - TNT

JackGitaar

Hello,

Can someone provide me with good AC/DC-TNT amp settings for the SPIDER V60.

The setting I found on Spider Remote are not realy nice settings, they doesn't sound well.

Maybe someone can help me to provide me with better soundsettings.

Angus basically plays using the amp being driven hard.  He uses Marshalls, but in my experience with the Spiders, go with a different model.

Try using the HIWATT model, as this is basically a good tube amp that you can push using the drive on the amp, and then push even further using the Spider's BOOST/EQ in front of it. for even MORE push, put ANOTHER BOOST/EQ in front of the hiwatt model.

I like to put the hiwatt model at about 7.5 drive, 5 on the bass, 7.5 mid, and either 7.7-9 treble based on taste/ambiant room.   Overall level at about 8.

This is your basic amp.  You can roll your guitar's volume down to clean up a bit.

If this is not enough distortion to get the sound you want, add a BOOST/EQ.  (forget the distortion effects.  That's not how Angus rolls- he just pushes amps hard.)

Set the gain to about 79.  bass/mid/treb to taste, but I find that a mid frequency around 35-45% is the sweet spot.

This will drive the already driven amp model even more.

You can add a 2nd boost/eq  to push it even more.  Having two boosts in a row sounds good- better than using only one that is maxed out.

Anyway, that's more of Pete Townsend's setup, but it is the old school basic loud/driven amp sound, which Angus uses as well.

A good starting point, at least :)

On my Spider 240hc amp (pre new firmware) the Hiwatt model is called "Hiway 100"  ..on a Helix they call it something like "WhoWatt",  because they can't use the real names of the amps :)

I think the Hiway 100 is a little ways down the model list, after the "citrus" model (ie: Orange)

The guitar and pickups in it are going to play a big role in the proper sound as well.  An SG with Duncan PAF pickups is what Angus uses.

You're probably gonna wanna watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5C7GKGxICg