Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Downsizing From A Pod Hd500

xChainzx

I have a POD HD500 and would like to downsize but use an amp model I have built in it. I have some other effects I use on a pedal train board and all this live takes too much time / space even thought I have consolidated it, it's just too big of a footprint. If I could get just an amp modeler that would be great. Love the HD500 but really do not use all the pedals on it live...just the amp model. What would be a good Line 6 amp modeler that is smaller and would be able to use this patch I have made with the HD500?

silverhead: The Pod HD Desktop is good but I need something for my live performances. Thanks for the response though.

Ismrybacki: Thanks...yes was thinking of HD Pro...what smaller sized midi pedal will work with it ?

Wow over 100 people viewed the post and no more suggestions?... B) ...I will look around somemore...was hoping to stick with a smaller line 6 modeler pedal that could use my recto patch but looks like I may just have to buy the amp head that goes with the cabinet and ditch the POD HD500.

Not sure what you want people to suggest as there is no compact pedal with amp modelling in the Line 6 range.

You could use an FBV Express MkII which has a small footprint to control an HD Pro X.

If you are literally a one sound guy then it doesn't sound like you need a Pod or any multi-effects box by any other manufacturer at all. If I had one sound I would buy the amp with that sound. If you require a bit more flexibility tone-wise then the Pod HD Pro X and FBV Express might be one way to go.

silverhead: The Pod HD Desktop is good but I need something for my live performances. Thanks for the response though.

Ismrybacki: Thanks...yes was thinking of HD Pro...what smaller sized midi pedal will work with it ?

This one right here appears to be compatible with the POD HD Pro (and presumably the Pro x as well)

FBV Express

More complete compaitibility chart:

Compatibility Chart

I bought the POD HD500 for the synth guitar initially then wound up building some presets and liking it more. I already had a power amp and a 4x12 cabinet, the head has gone bad and can not be repaired. The head I want would cost $1500-$2000+ . I have this equipment so why not use it ?

I built a preset that I like and was just hoping to find a smaller pedal that would use the model or what you both suggested the FBV Express and the HD ProX. Like I said above though...live the HD500 is a big footprint with my other pedals. Take too much time setting up.

Mr_Arkadin: The first post is what I was asking suggestions on. So that would be what I wanted people to suggest something on or tell me what you did "there is no compact pedal with amp modelling in the Line 6 range". "You could use an FBV Express MkII which has a small footprint to control an HD Pro X".

smrybacki: Thanks you answered my question too. I may grab the HD Pro X and use the smaller pedal.