Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV69 resinstalling firmware/settings

Hi, I've read the other threads I could find.  They all say to connect to Line 6 monkey (one also said to have WorkbenchHD loaded too, I've tried both ways).  Regardless, every time I open Monkey it says "no device connected" and only lists PODxt as a choice.  My JTV69 is connected because WorkbenchHD connects just fine to it and shows all of my settings.  Any ideas on how to reinstall the factory settings?  It seems like some of my tunings are off.  I use to be able to tune to capo tuning perfectly the first time, but now my 1st and 2nd strings always sound off.  Many thanks in advance!

Great, so I thought maybe it was a software issue so I reinstalled Workbench HD and Line 6 Monkey.  Still same problem with Monkey but now my Workbench says no guitar is plugged in!  Any help would be appreciated.  Would be nice if I could just plug in and update.......

So, my old PC laptop could run everything and it got updated.  My new Surface Book 3 did not (did and then didn't after updating Workbench) work, nor did my Mac which is 10.15 Catalina (Monkey only goes up to 10.14 Mohave even though 10.15 has been out for over a year, maybe they should update it?).  Thank God I still had my old beat up laptop laying around!  Problem solved!

Cannot use XT Live as an interface for a JTV with v2.00 of higher. The XT series is too old.

You will need the interface device to connect to the computer and Monkey, save any custom patches to your computer, then re-Flash the guitar.

That will bring you back to factory defaults.