Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help needed for Custom tones

mattjea

Hi

I have recently invested in a Helix floor and am looking for some help with custom tones. After searching through the custom tone pages I have found a decent White stripes sound but looking for help with:

The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger

Green Day - When I come around

Kings of leon - Four Kicks

Joan Jett - I love rock and Roll

Nirvana - Heart shaped Box

Can I download and import tones for the pod for example and load them into the helix??

Hopefully someone can help

Cheers

5 hours ago, mattjea said:

Can I download and import tones for the pod for example and load them into the helix??

No.

Hopefully someone can help

Cheers

You've got two options:

1) Waste countless hours downloading and auditioning patch after patch that will allegedly sound like "Artist X" or "Song Y". I'll save you the suspense... the overwhelming majority will not, for a multitude of reasons.

2) Learn to use the unit and do it yourself.

In the end, the latter option will save you tons of time and endless aggravation, wondering why a patch that someone else created, with a different guitar, different monitors, headphones,  listening environment, at a different volume, etc etc etc...  fails to sound like what it's supposed to on your end, with your gear.

Start here:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, cruisinon2 said:

No.

You've got two options:

1) Waste countless hours downloading and auditioning patch after patch that will allegedly sound like "Artist X" or "Song Y". I'll save you the suspense... the overwhelming majority will not, for a multitude of reasons.

2) Learn to use the unit and do it yourself.

In the end, the latter option will save you tons of time and endless aggravation, wondering why a patch that someone else created, with a different guitar, different monitors, headphones,  listening environment, at a different volume, etc etc etc...  fails to sound like what it's supposed to on your end, with your gear.

Start here:

I agree with Cruisin....Because all the ingredients are different you wont get there exactly.  Its like getting a famous cake recipe from an out of state bakery and trying to make it yourself. You can by the same ingredients, milk/flour/eggs etc...but maybe not the same brand.  Your also not the same cook and not cooking in the same kitchen or the same dishware.  

Your best bet is to read the recipe used in the cakes you mentioned and then find the Helix equivalents to match your shopping list.  Experiment with things.  You may not like your cake with Brand X flour, but the store brand flour for half as much might work with your guitar, ahem, I mean eggs better for mixing and a smoother batter.  

• Upvote 1

One more "do it yourself" suggestion. It will probably take you just as long to find something as it would if you were to plod through Customtone. One suggestion, look up what equipment they used. I've had a lot of luck with that. Previous modellers weren't very good at all at that, compared to the Helix. Clean Pink Floyd (Breathe)? Hiwatt/Univibe/Strat. Without any tweaking, wow, pretty close.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...