Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Conundrum With Stagesource Speakers

Ok, here’s the deal. I have a gig to play. Don’t feel like brining my stagescape. 

It’s gonna be a small room with tons of people. So I don’t really want the hassle of setting up the mixer and brining it. 

So here’s what I have

1 L3T

1 L3M

Acoustic preamp pedal board

Laney tube amp head and cab with DI Out

1 Vocal mic and vocal pedal. 

I hook my acoustic preamp pedalboard to mixer input 1 on the 3LT

I hook my microphone into mixer input 2 on the L3T

My question is about what to do about my tube amp?

Should I hook the DI Out from the tube amp to the line input of the back of the L3T

Then just connect the two via L6 link?

Yes - that should work. You could experiment with connecting your amp DI Out to either the combined XLR/1/4" input or to the stereo RCA inputs (using an adapter) on the rear of the L3t. One or the other might work better given the amp's output signal level.

You might also experiment with the L3t/m mode settings. Your acoustic guitar and mic might sound better in Reference mode, while your Laney amp DI Out might sound better with the L3 in Electric Guitar mode. You may need to compromise; let your ears be the judge.

• Upvote 1

Just a follow-up afterthought......

I'm not 100% sure about this but you may need to connect the 2 L3 speakers in both directions via L6 LINK. Even though only one speaker is accepting inputs the bi-directional connection may be necessary to trigger stereo response.

Just a follow-up afterthought......

I'm not 100% sure about this but you may need to connect the 2 L3 speakers in both directions via L6 LINK. Even though only one speaker is accepting inputs the bi-directional connection may be necessary to trigger stereo response.

I believe that is correct. I am also pretty certain that if you do connect both directions, you can then connect to the inputs on the L3m too. The you have EQ as well, instead of just straight in the back inputs.

But, it will also work how you mention, as already reinforced by silverhead.

Keep in mind. I have 1 L3T which will have vocals into XLR1 input and acoustic pedalboard into XLR2 input. This is the speaker with the mixer. 

The other speaker is my L3M, which doesn't have the mixer. So, that's why I was wondering where I would connect the Laney tube amp. 

So 2 cables for the L6 Link, got that. Thanks. 

I believe that is correct. I am also pretty certain that if you do connect both directions, you can then connect to the inputs on the L3m too. The you have EQ as well, instead of just straight in the back inputs.

But, it will also work how you mention, as already reinforced by silverhead.

The L3M does not have inputs, as it doesn't have the mixer. It just has the 1 input on the back top, next to the RCA inputs. 

Federalhog,

When you have both speakers connected via the L6 link, the inputs on the L3M are still available and will play through both speakers, in stereo if you're using the RCA inputs and in mono if you're using the line combo jack input.

• Upvote 1

Federalhog,

When you have both speakers connected via the L6 link, the inputs on the L3M are still available and will play through both speakers, in stereo if you're using the RCA inputs and in mono if you're using the line combo jack input.

Yes, on the L3M which doesn't have the XLR1 and 2 mixer input, I'd just use the XLR input on the top back next to the RCA inputs.