Jump to content
roscoe5

Helix and Stagesource L2t / L2m, HX cabs MUCH better now

Recommended Posts

After owning Helix floor since 2016, I finally broke down and bought a used L6 Stagesource L2t from GC (with service plan).   HX cabs sound GREAT through it!  Better than Powercab + IMO (had one, sold it).  As I think I've seen in other posts here, Line 6 must have designed and tested those HX cabs though Stagesource speakers.  A duh moment for me as I'm sure many of you have known this for a long time :)

 

I was an HX cabs basher and did everything I could to avoid them after hearing them in studio headphones, studio monitors, PA, and even Powercab +.  I've spent hundreds of $ on IR's, made my own IR's, bought and sold the Powercab +, and even a bought a Two Notes Cab M+ pedal to get around the HX cabs.   I drove myself crazy and even put the Helix away for a while to play my real amps again.

 

Those Stagesource L2t's are great for the wife and I to play acoustic and sing through too. 

 

They don't seem to handle my 5 string bass well though.  Quite a bit of buzz / rattle / flapping on low E and lower to B.  I contacted Line 6 support to see if this is normal.

 

I have to clean up my past and apologize to Line 6 for everything bad I said about HX cabs :)  

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roscoe5 said:

After owning Helix floor since 2016, I finally broke down and bought a used L6 Stagesource L2t from GC (with service plan).   HX cabs sound GREAT through it!  Better than Powercab + IMO (had one, sold it).  As I think I've seen in other posts here, Line 6 must have designed and tested those HX cabs though Stagesource speakers.  A duh moment for me as I'm sure many of you have known this for a long time :)

 

I was an HX cabs basher and did everything I could to avoid them after hearing them in studio headphones, studio monitors, PA, and even Powercab +.  I've spent hundreds of $ on IR's, made my own IR's, bought and sold the Powercab +, and even a bought a Two Notes Cab M+ pedal to get around the HX cabs.   I drove myself crazy and even put the Helix away for a while to play my real amps again.

 

Those Stagesource L2t's are great for the wife and I to play acoustic and sing through too. 

 

They don't seem to handle my 5 string bass well though.  Quite a bit of buzz / rattle / flapping on low E and lower to B.  I contacted Line 6 support to see if this is normal.

 

I have to clean up my past and apologize to Line 6 for everything bad I said about HX cabs :)  

 

 

 

LOL, I have had and used both the L2m and L3t speakers with my Helix for years and I am actually preferring my Powercab+ right now due to its innately more traditional guitar cab vibe along with its hybrid FRFR approach. Who knows though, maybe at some point I will switch back.  They all work well with the Helix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, HonestOpinion said:

 

LOL, I have had and used both the L2m and L3t speakers with my Helix for years and I am actually preferring my Powercab+ right now due to its innately more traditional guitar cab vibe along with its hybrid FRFR approach. Who knows though, maybe at some point I will switch back.  They all work well with the Helix.

Oh funny.  I feel like a kid who’s tastes changed over 5 years with Helix.  Like I didn’t used to like Brussel sprouts and now I do.

 

I do wish I hadn’t sold the Powercab.  I’d love to compare side by side. Totally agree with the guitar cab vibe.  I just don’t remember HX Cabs sounding as good in PC+ FRFR mode as they do in the L2 reference/PA mode. The speaker models and LF Raw were cool in PC+ though.
 

I guess you really can’t go wrong with either.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, roscoe5 said:

 

They don't seem to handle my 5 string bass well though.  Quite a bit of buzz / rattle / flapping on low E and lower to B.  I contacted Line 6 support to see if this is normal.

 

 

1- That rattle is caused by a defective fan. Mine had to be replaced too (L2T)

 

2- For bass you’ll need a L3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ed_Saxman said:

 

1- That rattle is caused by a defective fan. Mine had to be replaced too (L2T)

 

2- For bass you’ll need a L3

Thanks! I did read some about the fan in other threads.  Funny how the sound seems to be coming through the speakers.  I bought the pro coverage at GC since there is SO much tech in these speakers.

 

yeah, ugh…I did find others recommending the L3 also.  I’ll just use my small Mesa walkabout bass amp.

 

thanks for the tips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...