Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Least DSP Usage - parallel cabs vs serial dual cabs

WytchCrypt13

Pretty much what the subject line says.  I'm running the Cali Rectifier amp through 2 4x12 Cali V30 cabs.  The configuration I found on the "Cali Rectifire" 3.0 factory preset splits the line after the amp so it runs parallel into 2 Cali V30 cabs then the signal path merges back in.  I'm wondering if this uses more/less/same DSP power as running the Cali Rectifier through dual 4x12 Cali V30 cabs in series? 

Also, is there any way to see how much DSP is remaining in a patch?

Thanks!

Yes. The cab entry s is listed much lower in the list, immediately after the Reverbs. Use your Browser's Find tool and Search for Cab. Each Mono Helix Cab is 9.6%; Stereo Cab is 19.2%. I do not think that the Split and Merge blocks consume any DSP. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MusicLaw said:

Yes. The cab entry s is listed much lower in the list, immediately after the Reverbs. Use your Browser's Find tool and Search for Cab. Each Mono Helix Cab is 9.6%; Stereo Cab is 19.2%. I do not think that the Split and Merge blocks consume any DSP. 

Got it.  I was expecting to see the Cali V30 listed, not cabs in general.  Agreed, 2 parallel path singles vs a serial path dual cab come out the same.

9 hours ago, waymda said:

Ignoring the DSP issue, why would you run the Cabs in series - that says into one cab then into another?

My terminology was probably incorrect...I meant running 2 individual cabs on a parallel path vs running the amp directly into a "dual cab" model on a serial path...