Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Aux In

youthpatrol

Hi there,

Anyone has tried pluggin an audio device like mp3 player or another guitar effects into amplify via the "aux in"?

It seems like there is a noticeable sounds difference (ie like a blanket over the sound) compared to music playback via bluetooth connection... anyone has similar experience?

I use a Korg Beat Boy.  Those with better don't laugh, its compact and does just enough barely.  I use it to play back wav backing tracks and drum backing.  For quiter play its loud enough and clear but for band situation it is not loud enough so I am looking at getting one of these to boost it or something like it, but I think this would do it.   I am not affiliated with any seller of these devices, just trying to get more volume from the Aux-in from the Korg Beat Boy.   Perhaps other mp3 type players put out a higher line level and would not need this but the Beat Boy needs it but then its the headphone jack on the Beat Boy I am using with the Beat Boy's volume control maxed.

My intention is for Aux-In level to be able to peer match in volume with a loud guitar played through a 150, all being loud enough to play with heavy hitting drummer; both guitar and backing track.

TCC TC-780LC Stereo Line Level Amp / Booster with iPod Jack

• 1 year later...

I've got my stuff set up in kind of a 'loop'.   

My laptop headphone output goes to the 'aux in' on the Amplifi.

The USB output from the Amplifi goes to my laptop.

The headphone jack on the Amplifi goes to a set of headphones.

I've been using Audacity to record backing tracks, then play them back to jam along too, and I've heard no muffling or any other bad things.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Anyone has tried pluggin an audio device like mp3 player or another guitar effects into amplify via the "aux in"?

It seems like there is a noticeable sounds difference (ie like a blanket over the sound) compared to music playback via bluetooth connection... anyone has similar experience?

I have 1000 songs on my phone and I use the headphone out to the aux in to listen to music all the time, it works great.  I'm not an audiophile when it comes to these songs but I use the EQ settings on my phone to tweak the sound but it sounds clear, loud, doesn't distort, bass is good.  Actually I use it more for audio playback these days than as a guitar amp because there seems to take me 10 minutes to log in to Line 6, get the Bluetooth working right, sometimes I need to restart my phone but once I get it working as a guitar amp then it's good.  For audio playback I just turn it on, plug in the aux in and go, works every time.