Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2 button footswitch in external expression

billjolly

Objective: Setup a 2 button switch into the external expression pedal input on Helix LT with one button set to boost on one button and maybe the tuner on the other button.   Sorry, this seems like it should be really easy and I must be missing something.   I'v got 2 different 2 button switch, one latching and one not latching.   I have connected both with a TRS cable the external footswitch in of the LT.    I do not see anywhere in global setting or at the patch level where I can switch from Volume Max / Min to TRS.  Have also looked in HX edit.   Looked at the manual.  Definitely missing something.   

This will not work with an LT... There is no simple way to add a couple footswitches to the Helix LT. 

The EXP2 jack is TRS, but only for controlling external amps with the Helix, not the other way around.

When used as an EXP IN it's just a TS connection and needs to work like an Expression pedal.

EG: Wire a 10k resistor onto a latching switch, then that switch will work like an expression pedal that is "full heal down" (off) or "full toe down" (on) when toggled. Next you have to assign EXP 2 to a parameter in the Helix. If you want to assign it to a "boost" that is certainly possible...  This is all done "per preset". You can set the EXP2 Input as global so it's position is retained while jumping from preset to preset, but still needs to be assigned to the correct parameter on each preset.