Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

audio artifacts/glitch

borgis

Just now, rd2rk said:

Try uploading your patch again so I can look at it. USB audio goes directly to the outputs, bypassing the signal chain.

i know

its weird, maybe my 2nd dsp chip is faulty. the helix locks up when i try to add a noise gate to path 2 after moving the split on this

but path 1 is ok...

Multi Band 4 twd.hlx

Edited by borgis
typo

OK, wtfuzz dl'd, and it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do, sending USB 1/2 to the output assigned in Global Settings>Ins/Outs>USB 1/2 Destination. If you have it set to MULTI, it goes EVERYWHERE EXCEPT USB 1/2. However, it does not (and is not) go(ing) to the Inputs. That patch has Path 1 Out set to Send 1/2 and Path 2 Out set to USB 1/2.

I have the 1/4" on my Helix connected to a tube amp return and L6 Link connected to my PC212+, which outputs (via XLR) to a mixer. XLRs on Helix are not connected. If I change the  USB 1/2 Destination in Global Settings to XLR, I hear playback in headphones. If I change it to 1/4" it plays back through the amp, and Multi plays back everywhere (except USB 1/2). If I change Input Block source to NONE or any unused input, it has no effect on the signal. No effect added to either path affects the signal. That means that the signal is going to the outputs directly, not through the signal path!

Conclusion: The patch works as expected. Review the above and, hate to say it but, RTM. When I first got my Helix, the manual was very confusing, and I had to read it multiple times and try all sorts of experiments before I figured it out. It's a lot like plumbing, which I suck at.

FWIW - Multi Band 4 twd.hlx failed the same way that the first DL of wtfuzz did, with a message that the link was trying to DL multiple files. The second attempt at wtfuzz worked, but didn't DL the patch name. IDK what's up, but you might want to run a malware check. Just sayin'.....

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1