Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just got an hx stomp and have some questions.

moonman079

I just picked up a stomp used in really good shape. It sounds great like I expected. But I am having a problem with powering it sometimes if I touch it too hard or if it moves any it turns off. After checking it over several times. I figured out it’s where the power supply plugs in. If I wiggle or bump the plug it shuts off.

To get it to turn in I have to wiggle it again. It’s pretty frustrating as it does it in the middle of playing. I was wondering if anyone has ran into this issue? If so how did you fix it? I am using the stock power supply with it.

I was also wondering do the stomps have less effects than the floor or LT. it seems like I had more delay options on my LT and the stomp doesn’t seem to have the legacy effects. Or am I over looking them?

Sounds like a bad connector, could be either the HXS or the PSU connector. If you got it at a store, take it back and try another PSU.

All the Helix and HX devices have the same FX. Check to see that you have the latest FW (3.11) AND HX Edit (3.11).

I'd say to do the usual factory reset and re-flash the FW, but with the PSU problem, that could be a problem if it decided to glitch during the process. 

I got it from an individual I have dealt with him before he’s always been a stand up guy. He said he did not have the power issue but admits he did not use it much. I will see if I can get a hold of a different power supply.

as far as the effects go I may need to do a reset. When I got it and went to update it. It did shut off twice. But started up fine and finished the download. But something could have messed up.