Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

BOSS GT-1000-like "CURNUM" Feature on Helix?

jwoertz

One of the great features of the BOSS GT-1000 is the "CURNUM" feature where you can press once on a patch switch and then press the same switch again (CURRENT NUMBER or CURNUM) to do something else like boost, add overdrive, go to the tuner, turn on delay, etc.... The Kemper Stage "morph" function takes that same idea to a whole new level, where you press the current patch button again for different things. My question is, does Helix have any way of doing this "CURNUM" type thing? Thanks

19 hours ago, jwoertz said:

One of the great features of the BOSS GT-1000 is the "CURNUM" feature where you can press once on a patch switch and then press the same switch again (CURRENT NUMBER or CURNUM) to do something else like boost, add overdrive, go to the tuner, turn on delay, etc.... The Kemper Stage "morph" function takes that same idea to a whole new level, where you press the current patch button again for different things. My question is, does Helix have any way of doing this "CURNUM" type thing? Thanks

Yeah, Nothing here I'm afraid.  I got tired of complaining that my Boss MS-3 had more sounds out of 4 buttons + 2 additional buttons, than the Helix has in one preset :).  

You need to use different snapshots. 

One more thing you can do is use the expression pedal to control block engagement.  I figured out a trick:

EXP 2 controls wah and freeze for example.  Some snapshots have the mix of the wah turned down to 0, so it effectively does not turn on, but the effect mix of the freeze is at an audible level.  Another snapshot has the opposite: freeze is mixed at 0%, while wah is mixed at 100%.  So I can control different things with the same expression pedal in multiple snapshots.  There is no limit to how many things you can bypass with a single expression pedal.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, theElevators said:

Yeah, Nothing here I'm afraid.  I got tired of complaining that my Boss MS-3 had more sounds out of 4 buttons + 2 additional buttons, than the Helix has in one preset :)

If you created an "ideascale" feature request can you please link it here so we can upvote it. 

I think the workflow has merit.... but we all know these forums is not the place to request a new feature. 

1 hour ago, codamedia said:

If you created an "ideascale" feature request can you please link it here so we can upvote it. 

I think the workflow has merit.... but we all know these forums is not the place to request a new feature. 

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Use-same-button-to-switch-to-snapshot-and-turn-on-off-effects/973176-23508

• Thanks 1