Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Looking to buy a RJ45-USB at a reasonable price

Hi guys,

Due to me being out of work, I cannot afford to pay 99$ for a new RJ45-USB convertor. And the one that came with my Variax unfortunately burned a few years ago in a house fire :(

Could anyone please be willing to sell me a unit at a reasonable cost? I will be willing to pay for shipping.

Much appreciated.

Variax VDI USB Interface Kit For Workbench

SKU
99-065-0005
Variax VDI USB Interface Kit
Price: $99.99
Accommodation Price: $49.00

https://shop.line6.com/accessories/guitar-accessories/variax-vdi-usb-interface-kit.html

Don't know how long that will be or how many are left.

crusin,... your econ skills are still good. Thought I remembered seeing this last week, and it's still there.

13 hours ago, psarkissian said:

Variax VDI USB Interface Kit For Workbench

SKU
99-065-0005
Variax VDI USB Interface Kit
Price: $99.99
Accommodation Price: $49.00

https://shop.line6.com/accessories/guitar-accessories/variax-vdi-usb-interface-kit.html

Don't know how long that will be or how many are left.

crusin,... your econ skills are still good. Thought I remembered seeing this last week, and it's still there.

Well perhaps it's me, but this link takes me to the exact same place as the first one. When I go to that page and put the item in my shopping cart, it's still $100... so how exactly does one manage to secure the "accommodation price" of $49? I can't find a "Click here to pay half" button anywhere....

19 minutes ago, psarkissian said:

Hmmm,...

Checked with Support on that???

No... because I'm not in the market for one, so there's only so much grunt work that I'll waste my time on. I'm merely pointing out that the page you keep directing everyone to yields nothing but a $100 price tag. There is no mention of an "accommodation price" or "$49" anywhere but in your screenshot... which suggests to me that the link provided and whatever page you're looking at on your end are not the same. I shall not hazard a guess as to why... but what is obvious is that you're staring at apples and all I see are oranges.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, ehackster said:

Hi, sorry for my late reply.

I cannot find this accommodation text anywhere.

And neither can anybody else..

The "accommodation price" only exists in the screenshot he posted. As you've seen, when you actually go the page, it's clearly listed as a $99.99 item... don't ask me why, or how to become one of the magically "accommodated". It's also pretty obvious that the only answer you're likely to get here is "call support"...

On 9/25/2021 at 7:19 PM, ehackster said:

I find that saddening that not a single person is willing to sell me their USB interface knowing that most already have a helix :(

Let me guess... you just finished reading "How To Win Friends and Influence People", did ya?

(A) No one is under any obligation to sell you anything.

(B) Nobody owes you anything.

(C) See (A) and (B)

It's be nearly two months since you first whined about being unwilling/ unable to spend the $$ on this item. Yes, it's comically over-priced... lots of things are... life is like that. However,  in 2 month's time...had you actually tried...you could have found a dozen ways to make the extra fifty bucks you'd need. Hell, you could have collected enough deposit bottles to buy two of the damn things by now, but instead you come here and throw attitude at a bunch of strangers as if this situation were somehow our fault?!?!

Give support a call.  Maybe they can walk you through doing the firmware update via carrier pigeon or smoke signals...too-da-loo!