Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting HX Effects to HX Stomp. MIDI question

whittyguitar

Hi

I've connected my HX Effects to my HX Stomp and its working great. However, using the HX effects as the MIDI controller, I want to press a preset on the Effects and change the preset on the Stomp at the same time. What happens when I press the footswitch on the Effects is it changes the Stomp to a 'default' preset. If I press the switch again it changes it to the preset I have set as an 'instant' in the command center.

It feels like I missing something obvious. I have turned off TX MIDI clock in the Effects global setting. Can anyone offer any advice?

many Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply Phil. Tried that and doesn't seem to work. Here are my global MIDI/Tempo settings:

Midi Base Channel - 1

Midi Thru - Off

RX Midi Clock - Off

TX Midi Clock - Off

Tempo - Preset

BPM - 120

USB Midi - On

MIdi PC RX - Both

Midi PC TX - Off (which is, I think, the one you suggest turning off above)

Cheers

16 minutes ago, whittyguitar said:

Thanks for the quick reply Phil. Tried that and doesn't seem to work. Here are my global MIDI/Tempo settings:

Midi Base Channel - 1

Midi Thru - Off

RX Midi Clock - Off

TX Midi Clock - Off

Tempo - Preset

BPM - 120

USB Midi - On

MIdi PC RX - Both

Midi PC TX - Off (which is, I think, the one you suggest turning off above)

Cheers

Are you sure you have the MIDI PC Tx parameter set correctly? It’s the only thing I could see it being, and the behavior you’re describing is exactly what would happen if it were set to On.

9 minutes ago, whittyguitar said:

When I set Midi PC TX - Off. Nothing at all happens on the stomp, because surely, if i'm turning off midi PC transmit that would be expected?????

Sorry if i'm not understanding.

Thanks

No, that setting controls whether or not the default PC message associated with each preset is sent out when you load the preset. MIDI messages assigned in the Command Center will still be sent out regardless of its setting, but if it’s turned on, the default PC message will override other ones you have programmed in the Command Center.