Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

(2) PC+ common volume?

ichasedx

I have seen in a previous post a similar question, but I didn't see a definitive answer.

I recently got a great deal on a used second PC+. I made sure all software and global setting were identical. 

My problem is that with the amps 15ft or so apart, I have to walk back and forth trying to match the volumes. Each volume knob is too coarse of an adjustment to accurately set by themselves.

Is it possible without the addition of a FS, instead,  reassigning the Helix master volume knob to equally control the volume for both PC+s?

Thanks

I have a 212+ and a 112+.  When home, I stack them.  I have my helix set so the big knob is set to digital.  I use the L6link to connect the helix and the two pc's.  You do have to set the pc's volumes manual to get them the same volume, but then you can use the big knob (on helix) to turn both up and down.  That works for me.

2 hours ago, PaulTBaker said:

You do have to set the pc's volumes manual to get them the same volume, but then you can use the big knob (on helix) to turn both up and down. 

That sounds like a great solution. I already have both pc's connected via the L6. Can you explain how you reassign the big knob?

Thanks a lot.

I was able to locate where to change the assignment for the big knob on the Helix.  By using the knob as you described, are you just decreasing the input signal to the PC+'s, not really decreasing their volume? It also has a dramatic effect on the tone when adjusting from room practice level, to full blown stage volume. I could see where it might not matter, but I have put so much effort into trying to get the best possible tone from the Helix regardless of volume, I'll stick with adjusting the volumes individually for now.

Thanks anyway...

Your choices are - control the level of the Helix Outputs with the BIG KNOB, or control the PC+ Output.

To control the PC+ Output, your choices are - walk back and forth and twist the knobs, or use MIDI CC#7 with an External Expression pedal.

That's it!