Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go extended warranty?

trainguy

All,

It has been almost a full year since my Pod go purchase.  The store is proposing an extended warranty for around $25 CAD per year.  Taking a quick survey...

Did any of you purchase extended warranties for Line 6 products, or is it general consensus that if nothing has gone wrong in yr 1, I should be ok for awhile? 

tg

I’m not a fan of extended warranties and I have never purchased any. But I do not gig professionally and can generally afford to have my equipment out of service temporarily. But to be honest that has very rarely happened with my Line 6 equipment.

I bought my Pod Go from Yamaha (who own Line 6) and had a 2yr warranty automatically at no additional cost. In fact, I even got a modest discount when Pod Go's were in short supply.

Although there may be the odd exception, generally buying extended warranties for anything other than big items such as a car are typically poor value for money. If you are in the UK, we have very strong consumer protection that puts the retailer directly in the frame, and if you buy anything on credit card or even part pay by credit card (subject to at least £100 of the purchase on the card I think), you can bring the credit card company into any dispute under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.  This means that UK consumers can still have substantial rights beyond a 12 month manufacturers warranty.  I can't comment re the US or or other domains though.