Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No volume when using FBV3 footpedal

impatbarrett

I made the mistake of unplugging and moving my setup, and now I can't get any output when the FBV3 is plugged in.  I tried swapping the cat5 cable but that didn't do anything.  If I unplug the FBV3 and cycle power I can hear through either the speakers or headphones.   If the FBV is plugged in I can cycle through the pre-sets and see the same display on the spider itself, but there is no sound.

I'm not sure what else I may be missing.  If you have any ideas, please share.

Here are a few ideas:

- check the lights on the FBV.  The red (volume) should be on.  If not,  the expression pedal is assigned to a parameter like delay,  etc.

- do a factory reset 

- plug in the FBV. Look under the pedal- there should be a light glowing inside. If not,  the opto led may be bad. 

Thanks for the quick reply!

I do have lights on the top of the pedal - both for volume and wah.  I was also able to get sound with the FBV plugged in by:

1) pull the power cord from the amp (spider V30)

2) Plug it back in and turn it on/

3) Connect a guitar - there's sound!

4) Connect the FBV - there's still sound, but no functionality of the volume or wah pedals, though the LED's come on when the volume pedal is depressed flat.

5) If I turn off the amp with the switch on the back I lose all sound.  I have to go back to step 1 for sound again.  

After I posted here i stumbled across THIS THREAD, which also mentioned the opto led.  I did dismantle the FBV but I did not have any luck shining a light on the receptor led.  I'm thinking (hoping) the culprit may be that board anyway.   I ordered a replacement for $7 - hopefully that does it.  If not, i'm only out $7.

I'm saving the factory reset option as a last resort.

I'll update the status when i get the replacement board - it's currently out of stock (of course).

• 7 months later...

Just an update....  I finally received the replacement board.  Supply chain issues delayed the fulfillment of the order (7 months ago!).  Anyway, after removing the old board and replacing with a new one (my soldering skills are NOT what they used to be) the FBV is functioning again!  

I almost broke down and bought a new one a few times while waiting for the part to arrive, but I'd much rather pay $7 than roughly $300 for a new one.