Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

112+ Seperation

MALAPP1

I have a PC 212+ And like it very much. We recently purchased our retirement home. We have a very nice basement and I have started sound proofing.  I believe I will have an SPC of around 62.  My question is this:  when I am done with my 16’ X 24’ music/listening room, will I have to much space to get good stereo separation.  The plan is to have one open space with guitars on one side and a sofa and love seat on the other with two very good book case speakers.

The apparent "stereo separation" in the PC212 is accomplished with acoustic trickery. It tricks your ears. It's not really shooting sound waves out into the room in stereo, so room placement in regard to proximity to walls is not as critical as with real stereo speakers, though, because of the rear porting, it should probably be around 18 inches from the wall directly behind it

It SOUNDS (at 200% setting) like the speakers are 6-8 ft apart. As with all stereo systems, there's a "sweet spot" where it sounds best. That's around 5-6ft away.

Mine is about 2 ft from a corner between the wall  where my "studio" (desk, monitors, computer, synth) is located, and a sliding glass door (apartment, about 15 ft wide) and sounds like it's in a wide open space. It's spooky hearing a sound come from a space that obviously isn't there!

IOW - you should be fine, as long as you understand the nature of the tech.