Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Addition of expression pedals

ichasedx

It seems that a number of changes I would like to make to my presets require the addition of an expression pedals. I already have one by Mission Engineering. Before I consider buying additional pedals, I was wondering how others set up their pedalboard with more exp pedals. Is there some type of unit that contains 3-4 pedals or do you just buy single pedals and mount them to your board? I would love to see pics of pedalboards that have the added exp pedals. Any recommendations are appreciated. 

The Behringer FCB1010 has two expression pedals and is quite inexpensive but, for example if you own a Helix, also adds a crazy amount of additional real estate required to operate it. I suppose for certain setups it could be very useful if you are doing extensive MIDI switching, including the footswitches in your process as well as the expression pedals. For me that is just too much on the floor but "different strokes...".  Also, which HX device do you have?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FCB1010--behringer-midi-foot-controller-fcb1010

I'm not sure what Helix or HX product you are using.  But I recently started using an HX Stomp XL live.  I ran out of block space pretty quickly so I pulled out my CAE MC404 Wah (dual Fasel with Q and boost adjustability) and Mission VM-Pro volume pedal to buy back two blocks on my HX Stomp. This actually freed up my Mission SP1-L6 pedal I was using with HX Stomp for just effects and toe switching.

So technically I have two expression pedals and toe switch with the Mission SP1-L6 for effects control, and separate wah and volume pedals.  All of it runs off of a Truetone/Visual Sound 1 Spot power supply. Block life in the HX Stomp is much better now.

I need to put it all together on a small pedalboard next.

L6HX_FRFR108_Mission_4.jpg