Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tranferring presets from Firehawk FX to HD500X

Wilbar

Hi, I have both a Firehawk FX and HD500X. I have around 100 presets on the Firehawk that I would like to organise into setlists on the HD500X. Is there any way of doing this without having to recreate each one manually on the HD500X? Thanks.

No. The device presets are incompatible. You will have to recreate them manually. Be aware that even with the exact same models and parameter settings they probably won’t sound exactly the same due to differences in the underlying modeling. Expect to do some tweaking after recreating the presets.

Yep - a bit of work to do. This is almost always the case when switching modeler platforms. Presets from different product families are rarely compatible.

My advice would be to start with the amp model in your HD500X that you think most closely matches the FH FX preset amp model. Ignore your FH FX detailed amp settings and experiment with the HD amp settings until you get what you like. Then proceed with the first FX block in the FH FX preset signal chain. Choose the closest HD FX block, ignore the FH FX settings and experiment with your own HD FX settings. Rinse and repeat for all remaining FX blocks in the preset. Rinse and repeat for all FH FX presets you wish to recreate.