Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to get the volume pedal to control master volume on this patch?

bingefeller

I downloaded this Stone Temple Pilots patch from CustomTone and there are two amps being used.  I put the volume pedal at the end of the signal chain but when I put the volume for heel down, I can hear an uneffected signal passing through. 

Can anyone help please?  There are two dirty amps being used and I can't figure out where this clean signal is coming from and how it's passing through the volume pedal.  

STP DBLDEAN.hlx

1 hour ago, bingefeller said:

I downloaded this Stone Temple Pilots patch from CustomTone and there are two amps being used.  I put the volume pedal at the end of the signal chain but when I put the volume for heel down, I can hear an uneffected signal passing through. 

Can anyone help please?  There are two dirty amps being used and I can't figure out where this clean signal is coming from and how it's passing through the volume pedal.  

STP DBLDEAN.hlx 22.98 kB · 1 download

I downloaded the preset.  Something is weird.  You have 2 "Multi" input paths (first line and 2nd line).  Usually there should be one input path, but that's besides the point.

You have 2 Multi-output paths: line 2 and line 3.  But you have only one Volume pedal on line 3.  As a result, line 2 always comes through. If this preset sounds good to you, then just copy the volume pedal in the editor, and paste it at the end of line 2.  You can control multiple things with the same expression pedal, so you will get your master volume pedal that way.  When you rock the pedal, it'll be controlling 2 volume pedals. 

3 hours ago, theElevators said:

I downloaded the preset.  Something is weird.  You have 2 "Multi" input paths (first line and 2nd line).  Usually there should be one input path, but that's besides the point.

You have 2 Multi-output paths: line 2 and line 3.  But you have only one Volume pedal on line 3.  As a result, line 2 always comes through. If this preset sounds good to you, then just copy the volume pedal in the editor, and paste it at the end of line 2.  You can control multiple things with the same expression pedal, so you will get your master volume pedal that way.  When you rock the pedal, it'll be controlling 2 volume pedals. 

Thanks, I got the patch from here - https://uk.line6.com/customtone/tone/4477348/

I tried to edit it to make it work for me, but it wasn't happening.  

It's a weird patch, there are 3 volume pedals set up on the original.  I will move on to another patch I think, I can't get this one to work out for me.

EDIT:   It's the same on this patch https://uk.line6.com/customtone/tone/5377559/

I noticed reading this bit

Now let's talk about the amp blend - it's on EXP2. Both amps are always in the mix. The A/B split is run by EXP2, from A49 (heel down, more Vox, think Lady Picture Show) to B73 more 2204/Demeter (toe down). If you dislike riding the EXP, you can assignthe A/B to a footswitch;

So that's probably the problem there, right?  

55 minutes ago, bingefeller said:

Thanks, I got the patch from here - https://uk.line6.com/customtone/tone/4477348/

I tried to edit it to make it work for me, but it wasn't happening.  

It's a weird patch, there are 3 volume pedals set up on the original.  I will move on to another patch I think, I can't get this one to work out for me.

EDIT:   It's the same on this patch https://uk.line6.com/customtone/tone/5377559/

I noticed reading this bit

So that's probably the problem there, right?  

the problem is that you added a volume pedal at the end of one path, but not the other.  As a result, you can never turn down your signal to zero. 

• Like 1