Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Great Idea - Lousy Documentation For Tones

davidferguson1

Two days into my 150 and I like it a lot. I plan to gig it and thus far I would say its more than loud enough. However the documentation is lousy. Its a good job I'm fairly IT literate, otherwise I would be tearing me hair out. Firstly why no app for Ipad 1, a lot of musos (Not being particularly rich) use them. Fortunately I've got an IPhone5 so I'm using the App from there. Its actually a hugely powerful tool, although you would never know ...AS THERE AINT NO INSTRUCTIONS TO SPEAK OF. Sure there is AMPLIFI REMOTE, but its not really about optimising the tool. Some USEFUL INSTRUCTIONS  PLEASE Line 6.

Secondly I HAVE YET TO FIND A TONE MATCH. My library is quite eclectic, every song I've tried comes up with a BIG BLANK. I've tried well known songs by Stevie Ray, Johnny Winter, George Benson and even in desperation The Beatles....NOTHING...NADA...

I would appreciate any tips from you guys, before the boys in the white coats come for me.

I don't suppose Line 6 are holding off, so they can sell stuff to us?....nah they wouldn't do that, would they?

Cheers

Fergy

p.s I was planning a review for the product on my site www.liverpoolbeat.com, but I'm holding off until I find a flipping tone

• Upvote 1

AGREE  !  PLEASE LINE 6 make a master list of tones to audition evaluate  - how can that NOT be available ??

Either because there are just too friggin' many to catalog, and it's not worth the man-hours paying somebody to do it (I wouldn't want that job...), or there are frighteningly few, which would be lousy PR for their latest "re-invention". Either way, you're not terribly likely to get your list...

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

I personally feel all this tone stuff is very overrated.  You learn more and get better sound creating your own tones from scratch.   Get crackin' people, build your

own tones and you will be much more satisfied, I guarantee it.   Every guitar is different and every players hands are different, thus the same amp and guitar will sound different depending who is playing it.  Trust me on this people, only time and patience will teach you this truth.   I have found the tone matching to be very mediocre at best.  At worst it is totally useless.