Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No "Switch Led" option under "HX Snapshot" in HX Edit

Euripide

I've just discovered Today through one of Steve Sterlacci video that we're supposed to have the "Switch Led" option under "HX Snapshot" in the HX Edit software.

But I don't seem to have this option and I have the last 3.11 Update on my Helix Floor.

Is there a way to activate this option somewhere?

Below are two images: one from Steve Video on YouTube and one from my actual PC.

Need help!

image.png.bf6171dc279db34cd1b9b4f3daf36295.png

image.png.d76ad24e3726c7215255954cd633aa72.png

15 hours ago, Euripide said:

Is there a way to activate this option somewhere?

Hi,

HX Edit Pilot’s Guide V3.00 - Rev P - English 

Page 46 - Customizing a Footswitch LED color

Also.

Helix 3.0 Owner’s Manual - Rev E - English 

Page 47 - Customizing a Snapshot Footswitch Name and LED color

If you cannot see this in HX Edit, then please ensure that the version you are using is exactly the same revision number as the firmware in your Helix floor.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Interesting. My versions match, and I don't have that option either.

I thought I read somewhere (I know, real specific) that it wasn't working right, so they pulled it till a future update?

I wonder what version Steve Sterlacci was on when he made that video?

OP - maybe re-watch the video and see if you can catch what version he's on?

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

Interesting. My versions match, and I don't have that option either.

Hi,

HX Edit Pilot’s Guide V3.00 - Rev P - English 

Page 46 - Customizing a Footswitch LED color

Highlighted in grey info panel states:

“HX Stomp Owners: Footswitch LED color customization is not available on HX Stomp devices”.

9 minutes ago, datacommando said:

“HX Stomp Owners: Footswitch LED color customization is not available on HX Stomp devices”.

I knew about that, but it's not available on my Floor either.

I'm up against my allotted 32 bits of storage space or I'd include a screenshot :-)

8 hours ago, rd2rk said:

I knew about that, but it's not available on my Floor either.

I'm up against my allotted 32 bits of storage space or I'd include a screenshot :-)

Huh? That’s really weird!

When Steve Sterlacci first posted that Command Centre video on UChoob, back in April 2020, I followed along and created the 2 presets on my Floor unit. Worked perfectly, so Ireally don’t understand what is happening. It’s even more unusual, because it’s actually documented in both the Pilot’ Guide and Owner’s Manual. In fact, the firmware he was using at the time of the video was version 2.9.

He has the presets for both on CustomTone -  https://line6.com/customtone/profile/stalach/

Look for “HX Snapshot 1” and “HX Snapshot 2” - one is at the bottom of page 1 and the other is top of page 2.

Need to investigate this a little more, but I’m not in the studio for another few hours yet. Then I will check it out to see if there is anything odd at this end.

Yep, I also need to do a clear out of my attachments space as it is really inadequate for this site.

L8r

21 hours ago, rd2rk said:

but it's not available on my Floor either.

Correct - it's not in mine either!

What the funk is going on?

Is it a bug that has been overlooked in HX Edit, because the ability to change the LED colour is there in the hardware from under the 'Customize" option?

I'm baffled by this especially as the feature is documented, and the option is clearly visible in Steve's video demo, as shown in the OP's screen grabs.

Right now I can live with this glitch, as it's not something that I particularly require and I don't regard it as mission critical, but if it should be there then it need fixing.

At least l’m not the only one: it seems like a minor bug anyway through all the Helix family.

Eventually I would like to be able to change the color of the HX-preset button.

I know, it’s a fancy feature, but it would be nice to be able to change the color of those, now that we can assign them to whatever button we choose.

• Like 1