Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Small Headphones

gitapik

First time modeler user. Got my Stomp and am so impressed. Excellent sounds in a small package.

I'm looking for a pair of quality small headphones for when I'm traveling. Both for practicing and recording on my DAW. I like my Beyerdynamics, but it would be nice to have something smaller to put in my suitcase.

The set doesn't have to be off the planet great, as I'll be keeping the dry tracks as well, which can be fine tuned with Helix Native when I return home. But I'd like them to be good enough that I'll be able to get a very good bead on what I"m doing in the first place.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

The Sony MDR-7506 (same as the MDR-V6) are foldable and work great with the HX Stomp (as well as many other sources). They have been an industry standard in the Film, TV and Recording industries for decades.  

The BeyerDynamic 990 Premium are also foldable. However, as they are 600 ohm, they may not be the best impedance match for the HX Stomp's headphone output! 

Try before you buy if you can. Otherwise, buy from a vendor with a satisfaction return guarantee.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MusicLaw said:

The Sony MDR-7506 (same as the MDR-V6) are foldable and work great with the HX Stomp (as well as many other sources). They have been an industry standard in the Film, TV and Recording industries for decades.  

The BeyerDynamic 990 Premium are also foldable. However, as they are 600 ohm, they may not be the best impedance match for the HX Stomp's headphone output! 

Try before you buy if you can. Otherwise, buy from a vendor with a satisfaction return guarantee.

Checked them out. Just ordered a pair with an extra set of pads and a carry case instead of the soft bag. Very cool. Thanks!

On 9/4/2021 at 6:22 PM, gitapik said:

Got the phones and they really are great. Very happy with them!

If you got the Sonys, you can also get velour replacement earpads for Beyer DT250s. They fit perfectly, and I like them better than the pleather ones Sony uses.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jester700 said:

If you got the Sonys, you can also get velour replacement earpads for Beyer DT250s. They fit perfectly, and I like them better than the pleather ones Sony uses.

Good to know, thanks. I like velour better than pleather. Especially for longer sessions.