Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Low Sound When Recording Vocals.

Hi. I am currently using a Audio-Technica AT2035 running through a UX2 audio interface connected to my computer through USB and it picks me up, but I am really low. I tried messing around with the settings in POD Farm 2.0, but it didn't make a difference. I tried also to change the settings in the windows sound control panel by changing the microphone volume. Some people suggested checking the microphone boost check box, but when I do, there is no difference. There isn't even a slider to change how much it boosts. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. If you would like to know just how low I am, check out this youtube video I made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGEhOfaHLSI

Just asking are you sure the cable is a good one - makes good connections?  If you have a spare one, try it.  Not sure what the 'scissor arm' you mention is - is this one of those spring-loaded booms like in radio stations?

Maybe. Here is the link to the scissor arm i bought: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PR4ZFM/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It comes with a build in XLR cable.

I'd definitely try a separate XLR cable first.  I've never seen one of those scissor arms before - except on cheap desk lamps.  The booms used in radio station studios are very different (and won't make springy-boingy noises when moved, either!0