Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to delete a snapshot?

Punkyboy

13 minutes ago, Punkyboy said:

Is there a easy way to delete a snapshot

Hi,

Nope, not really a way to delete a Snapshot as such, but if you are in HX Edit you could simply copy a blank Snapshot and paste it over the one you don't want, then rename the one you want to get rid of.

For example: if Snapshot 4 is not used, select and copy it. Then select Snapshot 3 (the one you want to get rid of) and paste the copy of 4. Now rename it to Snapshot 3.

Hope this helps makes sense.

Let me explain how I use snapshots.  I use a different preset for each song.  If there are some sections in a specific song, for example only 2 (rhythm and solo), then I create 7 identical snapshots with blank scribble strip texts, and one that says "SOLO".  If there is a song that uses one sound throughout, I just have 8 identical snapshots that have blank text.  There's no way to delete a snapshot, you can just choose which ones do what.  

I do the same thing with a preset/song thing.  Some songs have 1 snapshot, some have 5 or 6.  I've never used 8 snapshots.  What I do for my extra snapshot slots is make those my main rhythm sounds so if something happens its not my lead or clean sound that makes a huge dynamic difference.  I copy and paste that snapshot to all non-used slots, and then for the name, I enter a blank space so no name appears.  I also do not assign a color to it. 

I run my layout in the 10 button stomp mode in this format....

Buttons 1 & 2 are my Preset Previous/Next

Bottom row buttons (5 available) I have dedicated for snapshots, I start from the right and work left, so if I have 5 snapshots the one next to the BPM switch is my snapshot 5 and I work left.