Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any Delays or Tremelos with Swing?

soundog

1 hour ago, soundog said:

I'm trying to set up a guitar tone that is synced with tempo and pulses with swing eighth notes. A delay or tremelo fx would work, but are there any effects in Helix that have a swing parameter?

Hmm… not something that I’ve seen as an option in Helix.

As suggested by “kduck” in the above post, the Euclidean delay and a lot of maths may get you close. Check the Bleat Chop Trem which  has variable divisions, but when I messed around with it seemed to speed up while using it.

There are also lots of people wanting to be able to have the filter sweeps start from zero.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Here's what worked best, and its easy to set up and tweak:

split the path after the amp, and on the lower path add

- a Simple Delay set to eighth notes (synced), 100% mix, 0% feedback

- a second Simple Delay, set to 1/32 triplets (synced), 100% mix, 0% feedback.

This works because the first delay is providing a precise eighth note delay (0% swing). You don't hear it, but its passed on the second delay which then delays the eighth note by a little bit more, to provide the % swing needed. The time increment of the second delay can be adjusted as needed to obtain the amount of swing needed (use ms for you need greater precision). Then blend in the level of the final delay back into the main path as needed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, soundog said:

Here's what worked best, and its easy to set up and tweak:

split the path after the amp, and on the lower path add

- a Simple Delay set to eighth notes (synced), 100% mix, 0% feedback

- a second Simple Delay, set to 1/32 triplets (synced), 100% mix, 0% feedback.

This works because the first delay is providing a precise eighth note delay (0% swing). You don't hear it, but its passed on the second delay which then delays the eighth note by a little bit more, to provide the % swing needed. The time increment of the second delay can be adjusted as needed to obtain the amount of swing needed (use ms for you need greater precision). Then blend in the level of the final delay back into the main path as needed.

I hate people smarter than me. ;D