Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Relay G10TII Transmitter - Battery Duration Test

PierM

So, I wanted to give this new version a try, and grabbed one. Firmware is the latest.

For the test I'm using my old G10 Receiver/Charger. To avoid any Standby charge leaking, I did a single test, no standby pause;

Full Charge, Full Discharge. To do so I plugged the G10TII straight out of my Plus Pedal signal SEND, to feed a continuous signal into it, and prevent the auto-standby.

• Charging (Red Flashing) started at 10:40 (first charge ever, out of the box)
  • Charging (Solid Green) completed at 12:18 (kept in the charger ~20 extra minutes just to be sure cycle was completed)
  • Play/Duration Test started at 12:36
  • Play/Red Flashing started at 18:32
  • Play/Battery died at: 18:49

Battery Charge Duration (Continuous Play); 6hrs, 13min

Package Front/Back;

IMG-6143.jpgIMG-6144.jpg

Charge Started at 10:40
IMG-6146.jpg

Charge Completed at 12:18
IMG-6147.jpg

Playing Test Started at 12:36
IMG-6149.jpg

Red Flashing started at 18:32

IMG-6154.jpg

Battery died at 18:49
IMG-6157.jpg

I will play with it couple of cycles more, then I'll redo the test, to see if there is some improvement. Still, 6 hours is better than 2.5 I was getting with the other G10, after the fire hazard firmware...

You can be sure, dear L6; I won't install any new firmware on this thing, ever! 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ziomalkamil said:

Does the Line6 G10S comes with new GII transmiter?

@PierMHow is battery life at the momment?

Yes, all new stocks of G10 are with the TII, and it's usually specified in the product AD specs. Previous version is gone.

Battery life is still around 6.5hrs after a month, so I believe this is the max possible duration for my environment (there it can be a slight difference between cold and warm environments).

2 hours ago, PierM said:

Yes, all new stocks of G10 are with the TII, and it's usually specified in the product AD specs. Previous version is gone.

Battery life is still around 6.5hrs after a month, so I believe this is the max possible duration for my environment (there it can be a slight difference between cold and warm environments).

Well it's nice that they seem to have addressed the issue...still a little annoyed that I'll have to drop another $100 to get back the device I originally purchased. Oh well... life goes on. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I just received my G10T II today, after a 2 month waiting period, my question is do I need to purchase a G10S receiver/charger unit?

I purchased it from Guitar Center w/Spider V 120MKII amp, they never told me about what additional equipment I might need? Any help would be appreciated. Is there software I should download for these products? 

Thanks, L8R

Paul Kershner

paulkers2018@gmail.com

46 minutes ago, paulkers2018 said:

I just received my G10T II today, after a 2 month waiting period, my question is do I need to purchase a G10S receiver/charger unit?

I purchased it from Guitar Center w/Spider V 120MKII amp, they never told me about what additional equipment I might need? Any help would be appreciated. Is there software I should download for these products? 

Thanks, L8R

Paul Kershner

paulkers2018@gmail.com

You don’t need any additional equipment. The receiver is built into the amp, and you charge the transmitter by plugging it into the amp’s guitar input.