Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Stomp PSU country adapters

Mattdigweed

Why don’t Line 6 supply these separately?!

My Stomp went down at a wedding last night and I *think* this was the issue. 

Line 6 won’t supply a new one and all UK retailers are out of stock of the DC-3G (GAK won’t ship to where I live). So I’m basically stuck, I don’t want to pay for an independent power brick. I definitely do not want to pay £50 for another DC-3 to come from a European retailer. 
I thought L6 were big on customer services? They’re more than happy to leave me stuck. 

It can’t be news that the power supply is flimsy, I’m surprised Line 6 aren’t more accommodating when issues arrive. 

When you say you think the power supply was the issue, what led you to believe that? Is it or is it not working currently?

The Line 6 DC-3H will also power the Stomp (that’s the one that ships with the POD Go and Stomp XL). Beyond that, there’s a bunch of third party power supplies that will work. You just have to make sure you have the correct specs.

• Thanks 1

The PSU works, when it’s at the right angle, with the correct amount of pressure applied, but will cut out at any moment.  Also, I tried the EU 2 pin country adapter - plugged into a 3 pin uk converter and it was ok. 
Something definitely isn’t right with the UK L6 part. 
Ive just seen the 3rd party ones on Amazon, I was reluctant to try them as I’m not sure how accurate the power ratings are, but may have to. 

You can find these specifically for Line 6 products at about £10-12 on eBay with free delivery.

Although the Stomp uses a 2A power block, I believe it only draws around 800mA. There must be many options if you have the right lead to go with it. Just read up a little or contact support for information.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, karlic said:

You can find these specifically for Line 6 products at about £10-12 on eBay with free delivery.

Although the Stomp uses a 2A power block, I believe it only draws around 800mA. There must be many options if you have the right lead to go with it. Just read up a little or contact support for information.

Well, both of the Line 6 power supplies are rated at 3A. The Stomp probably draws closer 1000mA, at least in some circumstances. If you’re going with a third party wall wart, I’d try to get one that’s rated for at least 2A. It’s best to have some headroom with switching power supplies.