Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Activating Wah Pedal with Toe Switch

mferrand

Hey All,

I have a Mission Engineering pedal with a switch.  I would like to use it like a traditional Wah pedal with my HX Effects.  So, toe down engages the switch and turns the Wah on / off.

I have the the control jack of the pedal into EXP 1 with it set for Position.  I have the switch jack of the pedal into EXP 2 with it set for Bypass.  This does not seem to work.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Cheers, Mike

17 minutes ago, mferrand said:

I have a Mission Engineering pedal with a switch.

Hi,

You don't say which Mission model and they do tend to be product specific, but I going to guess the you have the  SP1-L6H.

This is the spec from the Mission page, but I have highlighted in bold the relevant info.

The Mission SP1-L6H connects to the Line 6 Helix Rack or Rack controller with a single TS cable for expression, and a single TS cable for the toe switch. For use with the HX Stomp, a TRS cable is required.

The toe switch function is only supported on the Helix Rack, Rack controller, and HX Stomp. Other Line 6 devices do not have a toe switch input. The switch output may be left unconnected if this function is not required.

The Mission EP1-L6 is recommended for other Line 6 products where a toe switch input is not available.

Pedal dimensions are 10″ x 4″ x 3″
Weight is 3.2lb
Potentiometer is 10K Ohm Linear
Switch is TS Momentary

Hope this helps/makes sense.

3 minutes ago, mferrand said:

The pedal is a Mission Aero EP-25-PRO.

Hi, again,

This is the spec from the Mission page

The EP-25-PRO features two expression outputs with independent polarity switches for each channel.

This allows for compatibility with a wide range of different pedals, rack effects, modeling amplifiers, keyboards and MIDI controllers.

The EP-25-PRO is available in black stealth style powder coat, or gold carbon fiber graphic finish.

Pedal dimensions are 11″ x 4″ x 3″
Weight is 3.6lb
Potentiometer is dual 25K Ohm Linear

More details and video here:

https://missionengineering.com/support/ep25-pro-aero-electronic-user-guide/

Hope this helps/makes sense

1 hour ago, mferrand said:

Is there a way to do this?

Hi,

I haven’t managed to turn up any specifications for that model with a single switch and output.

You might be better consulting Mission Engineering as the will have a definite answer.

https://missionengineering.com/support/

Datacommando - thanks for all of your replies.  Maybe I just haven't phrased my question properly.  This really has nothing to do with the Mission Pedal.

So...  can I turn the HX Effects Wah block on / off using an external switch plugged into 'Pedal 2'

16 hours ago, mferrand said:

Datacommando - thanks for all of your replies.  Maybe I just haven't phrased my question properly.  This really has nothing to do with the Mission Pedal.

So...  can I turn the HX Effects Wah block on / off using an external switch plugged into 'Pedal 2'

O.K. 

First, when you add a wah block it’s function is automatically assigned to EXP 1(Pedal 1) and likewise any volume block is assigned to  EXP 2 (Pedal 2). You can change this, but it might become confusing. There is no external switching involved other than controlling external amp channel switching or turning reverb on or off. External expression pedal toe switch support is only available on the Helix Rack, and HX Stomp.

I couldn’t find a wiring diagram for your pedal, but probably it would simply be a matter of disconnecting the latching switch from the circuit.

If you don’t want to use a foot switch on your HXFX to turn on the wah, you could set your Mission Aero EP-25-PRO to engage when it reaches around 3 or 4% of travel from the heel position.

Here’s a thread discussing that option.

EDIT:

Of course you also have the option to use Command Center and Snapshots to control anything with anything else.

It's all in the manual.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a411710a6112a67116f0b/application/pdf/HX Effects 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev C - English .pdf