Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A Stand For Dt25 With Space Underneath For Podhd500x?

GazzaBloom

Just took delivery of a DT25 & PODHD500X and I'm looking for a stand to put it on with a space to slide the PODHD500X underneath to save space at home and keep the POD protected when not in use. I'm strullging to find anything suitable, anyone got any ideas/suggestions?

Regards

Gazza

No, was looking for something like that but did not find it 2+ years ago.

Ended up with a slightly upward angled raised stand, essentially a small A frame with 2 outfolding Amp holding arms.

Pretty solid, with adjustable height. Forgot model/brand, but can check when I get home tonight.

While it would be inconvenient to push the HD500 under the A frame from the side, I found that leaning it on the 2 arms of the forward facing A frames gets it sufficiently out of the way and almost completely under the Amp.

If you can find a wide enough A frame you could potentially just push it (flat) between the A frame legs. Probably not much better though because of the rubber feet on the HD500 as you'd have to pick it up anyway unless you get some wheels for it ;-)

Good luck,

Martin

I ended up getting an amp stand at Guitar Center, I think the brand is 'Proline', cost around $40.

I don't think the base is wide enough the slide the HD500 under it, though it does hold the DT25 nicely.

Adjustable height, seemed vaguely sturdy. Model# is PL7000

Here are links to a couple pics of mine with the DT25 on it:

pic1

pic2

pic3

post-1188905-0-36591000-1394033061_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

**UPDATE** I arranged for a local pine furniture shop to make me up a small cabinet for my DT25 & PODHD500X...see pic linked below. This is neat, the POD HD pulls out for access and slides away underneath for protection when not in use. Notice the 2 cables down the side of the room, that's a long USB and S/PDIF cable for connection to my Mac & Audio interface for 'desktop' direct playing & recording.

Love it!

https://app.box.com/s/j8e9g71ing9aysg9npde

Gazza

• 2 weeks later...

B&Q Kitchen cupboard door, 4 x B&Q Kitchen plinth legs/feet.

I have this in my spare room and allows the HD500 to slide nicely underneath. Cost about £20.

My Missus would kill me if I had that in the house. I had to have something half way presentable to put the, and I quote, 'ugly back box that is too loud' on!

My Missus would kill me if I had that in the house. I had to have something half way presentable to put the, and I quote, 'ugly back box that is too loud' on!

The door is dark cherry wood so looks nice enough and is the exact same size as my 2x12 cab and all you really see is your amp off the floor on four legs. Not saying there's anything wrong with what you've got but it certainly doesn't look better to my eyes, ultimately with mine there isn't anything to see.  

The door is dark cherry wood so looks nice enough and is the exact same size as my 2x12 cab and all you really see is your amp off the floor on four legs. Not saying there's anything wrong with what you've got but it certainly doesn't look better to my eyes, ultimately with mine there isn't anything to see.

Pics?