Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

jtv69 les paul both pickups together sound

I love the bell-like, chimey sound of a les paul with both pickups on - like the sound of the intro to the Beach Boys "Surfin USA". ( I know it wasn't a Les Paul, but that's the sound)

The Variax 700 really nails this sound, but the JTV69 , at least the one that I am currently trying out, is lacking in this.  I know these JTV's have had numerous flash updates - did the HD update change the original JTV models?  Would the originals sound like the 700?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 10:45 AM, cubbini said:

I love the bell-like, chimey sound of a les paul with both pickups on - like the sound of the intro to the Beach Boys "Surfin USA". ( I know it wasn't a Les Paul, but that's the sound)

The Variax 700 really nails this sound, but the JTV69 , at least the one that I am currently trying out, is lacking in this.  I know these JTV's have had numerous flash updates - did the HD update change the original JTV models?  Would the originals sound like the 700?

Thanks!

Yes they change. And some guitars are downgraded a bit conpared to the 700 imo. You can go back or you can download my ultimate bundle from here https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=24065.0

Just subscribe and you gonna have a new and perfect jtv. .