Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New guy needing a few simple tips PLEASE???

BostonBoneGuy

Hi all,

I am completely new to the Line6 family and have the Helix Stomp. Been playing with it and I like it a lot so far. BUT I have a few (hopefully) simple questions that I can get some answers to

1) How can you change banks without using your hands?

I want to be able to switch from Bank 35 to Bank 36 (for example) but don’t see a way to do that other than with my hands?

2) Is it possible to have three patches assigned in 1 bank and then somehow bypass them with something so that you get unaffected signal?

3) Any and all possible tips on how to layer effects on the MacBook would be greatly appreciated! 

TIA

J

4 hours ago, BostonBoneGuy said:

Hi all,

I am completely new to the Line6 family and have the Helix Stomp. Been playing with it and I like it a lot so far. BUT I have a few (hopefully) simple questions that I can get some answers to

1) How can you change banks without using your hands?

I want to be able to switch from Bank 35 to Bank 36 (for example) but don’t see a way to do that other than with my hands?

2) Is it possible to have three patches assigned in 1 bank and then somehow bypass them with something so that you get unaffected signal?

3) Any and all possible tips on how to layer effects on the MacBook would be greatly appreciated! 

TIA

J

Welcome!

1. In Preset Mode:

left and middle switches together -> bank down

middle and right switches together -> bank up

2. Press both turning knobs together to switch to/from bypass mode

3. Don't understand the question. You know HX Edit exists? Get it here

• Upvote 1

Also know that as an HX Stomp owner you are entitled to the Helix Native DAW/VST plug in at a significantly reduced price. If you are not in any rush, wait until it is put on Discount Sale, when the price is about $69 USD. Line 6 has put it on sale several times a year, so there is a good chance it will be put on sale again as the year end Holidays season begins in the months ahead.   

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, BostonBoneGuy said:

I am completely new to the Line6 family and have the Helix Stomp.

Hi,

This might seem obvious, but as a new user it’s advisable to familiarise yourself with the basic operation of your new toy.

The HX Stomp 3.0 Owner’s Manual is a good place to start and you will find How can you change banks without using your hands” - it is designed to be a floor based unit. You will also find how to use Snapshots and Control Centre that allow you to change multiple parameters and effects inside a single preset. Furthermore, HX Edit is free software that works as a (Windows/Mac) computer based editor and librarian system for your hardware. This allows you to create and/or edit presets using a graphical interface while connected to your Stomp via USB.

Check these links.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a418962611d636e7c51b/application/pdf/HX Stomp 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev D - English .pdf

Don’t like reading - here are the basics videos.

plus

Of course there is always Jason and his real in depth videos.

Hope this helps/makes sense.