Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I don't care who says it isn't this easy... it was for me!

codamedia

I'm a direct to console, FOH, Monitor/IEM and on occasion FRFR type of guy. But yes, I still like my amps... old habits never die. 

This weekend the opportunity came to take out my Marshall 50 Watt with a 1x12 cab. Initially I planned on just taking my BOSS GT-1 as a small pedal board.... but at the last moment decided to take my Helix.... simply copied my primary presets for my TELE and STRAT (the guitars on this gig) and just removed the AMP/CAB blocks. 

VOILA! It worked like a charm. I didn't have to change a single effect, not even the overdrives. They worked exactly as intended. What this confirmed with me is that the AMP/CAB blocks I do use (when going direct) are extremely similar to  how I normally shape an amp. I would not have been able to do this on my multi-instrument gigs.... but for the straight up guitar gig it worked perfectly, and it's nice to know it does! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2