Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help Me Im A Noob

TheBloodLine92

so I recently got an hx fx and I want to integrate it into a few pedals that I already have, maxon od808, boss ns2 and dunlop wah, nothing crazy.  I have the hx fx currently in 4CM in to a 6505 mh , but I am not sure where to put my od, ns2 or wah,  I would like to know how to have the ns2 in the 4cm method as well. before I got the hx I didn't have a lick of ground buzz with my ns2 in 4cm. hope any of this makes sense, I'm not quite sure what I'm doing. 

Thanks In advance 

you don'r really need the ns-2, but it does have that cool loop. So if it were me I would do it this way. I used an ns-2 for years.

GTR->NS-2 (IN/OUT)->HX_FX GTR IN

NS-2 Send->WAH->OD808->NS-2 RTN

Basically, this is first in chain stuff IMO. This makes use of the second gate in the ns-2. I always found the ns-2 worked much better this way. anyhoo, that is what I would do. good luck.

Let me start with I do not own one. But I own a Helix. Having said that, I think more specifics are needed. I guess it depends on exactly what you want each effect to do and what your whole chain is. All of your effects could be replaced by the HX FX's internal effects. There are several noise gates to replace the Boss (Noise Gate - Line 6 Original, Hard Gate - Line 6 Original, Horizon Gate - Horizon Precision Drive/Gate Circuit) There are two distortions, Hedgehog D9 -  Maxon TS9 and an Scream 808 - Ibanez TS808 to possibly replace the Maxon OD808 and there are two Dunlop wah's (Teardrop 310 - Dunlop® Cry Baby® Fasel model 310 and the Fassel - Dunlop® Cry Baby® Super). I put what the HX FX calls the effect in bold and what they actually are afterwards. So you can put those anywhere in your chain and insert the FX send/return in the same way. Were you aware that the FX send and return are another FX block that you can put anywhere in your signal path. BUT, It isn't just there. You have to put it in the path like you would any other effect. It also has two level settings, instrument and line. I don't really have the time to go over all the in's and out's of this. I would STRONGLY recommend downloading the manual. In 4CM, since the FX Send goes into the amp's guitar input, it should be set to instrument level. I don't know if the Return has it's own level options or if the Sends and Returns can only be the same level. That would require reading the manual more than I'm willing to do for you. And as a quick "where to put your effects". I always have my wah as one of the first things so put that after the guitar but before the HX FX, Put the distortion after the Send and before the amp's guitar input. and put the gate after the HX FX output that is going to the amp's FX return. Hope this helps. I don't really have the time to go into as much detail as you may need. Sorry.