Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp: Is mine broken or am I doing something wrong?

Emsuds

I bought a HX Stomp two days ago and I cannot for the life of me get it to turn on! I plug it in and flick the On switch but nothing happens?

I've tried getting a response from my computer by installing the driver and HX Edit but my laptop doesn't even recognise it as a device

I've watched countless videos and read all of the manuals but all of them seem to allude to the fact that you should just be able to instantly plug it in and turn it on

Is mine broken, or is there something I'm not doing right?

Please help!

This may be a dumb question, but are you using the included power adapter? The way your question is worded makes me think you might be thinking it’s powered over the USB connection. It isn’t… Again, sorry if it’s a dumb question. I’ve learned not to assume anything here, though.

10 hours ago, phil_m said:

This may be a dumb question, but are you using the included power adapter? The way your question is worded makes me think you might be thinking it’s powered over the USB connection. It isn’t… Again, sorry if it’s a dumb question. I’ve learned not to assume anything here, though.

Yeppp, I'm plugging it in with the power adapter and then my USB

1 hour ago, Emsuds said:

Yeppp, I'm plugging it in with the power adapter and then my USB

Forget the USB for a moment;

if you are using the included power supply, and turning the switch to ON doesnt boot the device, then it's either a faulty power supply, or a faulty HX Stomp. In this case, just return it.

The USB connection doesnt have any role here. If the unit wont boot, even with an error, the device cant be seen by any computer as it's just offline.