Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Controlling FX (delay, gain, chorus) with switches on Express MKII

Rikkiff

Dear community, 

I am the owner of the Line6 Spider IV 150 amp, and the FBV Express MKII controller. I bought the pedal controller cause I wanted to be able to activate effects (FX) such as delay, gain, and drive with the controller. However, I can only seem to change channel with the controller, which is not what I wanted. I have installed the "Line6 FBV Control" software, but I can't figure out how to set the switches to control these effects. 

Best wishes, 

Rikki

No, you can't control individual FX with the Express, you would need to get a Shortboard for that.

However, you can set up patches that do what you want, so for example in one bank you could have 'sound 1' on channel A, then channel B could have the same sound with gain added, channel C could have the same sound with gain + delay, channel D same sound with delay.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 2:52 PM, fflbrgst said:

No, you can't control individual FX with the Express, you would need to get a Shortboard for that.

However, you can set up patches that do what you want, so for example in one bank you could have 'sound 1' on channel A, then channel B could have the same sound with gain added, channel C could have the same sound with gain + delay, channel D same sound with delay.

Thanks a bunch fflbrgst! That did the trick.