Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question on effects Mix behavior after 50%

vladvartosu

I just bought the HX Effects and noticed that the delays and reverbs cut a lot from my dry signal past the 50% mark of the Mix control. Is there a way to get the Wet signal to be a bit louder without eating up my clean signal? Kind of what a Boss pedal or an analog pedal would do.

Thank you!

If you put those effects in a Split, you can use the Mixer Block Level controls to adjust the clean signal level in relation to the wet signal as separate entities.

For instance, with the Reverb Block in Path B of the Split, you might want to have the mix parameter in the reverb block at 100%, then use the Path B Level to add it to the Clean signal in Path A.

Try adding these in a parallel path.  I did it by accident at first, and now all my presets have the delay in parallel with the main path.  That parallel path just sounds more organic.  More subtle and the mix also does not mess with the balance as much. 

Otherwise, some blocks start doing weird things.  There is ubiquitous vibe, when mixed at 0 changes to loudness of your signal path, when you compared to it being completely bypassed.  It takes some "A/B"'ing and you may need to boost the overall snapshot loudness as you tweak the mix parameters of your delays.  It definitely needs to be done.  Good luck.